Notices
View Poll Results: Are you a loud exhaust person?
I'm a loud exhaust person.
33.33%
I'm an anti-loud exhaust peron.
56.60%
I dunno. Oh, could you tell me which is better...an HKS Hiper or A'PEXi WS?
10.06%
Voters: 159. You may not vote on this poll

Are you a "loud exhaust person"?

Old 10-05-2002, 12:38 AM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are you a "loud exhaust person"?

Here's something I've noticed. When people talk about the sounds of exhausts on the internet, nobody can reach anything resembling consensus. People think stuff is loud, people think stuff is nice, yadda yadda yadda. But, there seem to be two groups of people. I will hereby refer to them as "loud exhaust people" and "anti-loud exhaust people."

Loud exhaust people like to be able to really HEAR the exhaust. They will make comparisons between stuff like a Tanabe Racing Medallion, A'PEXi N1, skunk2/RS*R, etc and not say that any of them is really that loud.

Anti-loud exhaust people think that anything beyond a GReddy SP or A'PEXi World Sport is pushing it a bit on the annoying scale.

So, are you a loud exhaust person, or an anti-loud exhaust person? I tend to be more of an anti-loud exhaust person and fail to understand the logic of the loud exhaust people.

Thus when making further comments on exhausts you've heard in person, noting whether you're a loud or anti-loud exhaust person might help the opinion-seeker in forming a consensus on how the thing sounds.

Vote away.
Old 10-05-2002, 05:34 AM
LT
The deer had to die!

i own a GReddy EVO, its not that loud - i never wanted a loud exhaust...anti-loud here!
Old 10-05-2002, 05:41 AM
bgood7061
DO IT RIGHT THE 1st TIME

I used to be a loud exhaust person when I had a flowmaster muffler. It was nice at first, especially during the drags but when I started gettin fix-it-tickets and when my ears started hurting with the constant hum from the exhaust and my subs, I decided to look for something on the quiet side! I decided to go with the Greddy SP, but moreover, I think even more annoying of an exhaust sound is the sound of a car with piping but stock exhaust!!! It sounds like someone inside the car blowin extra hard on a kazzoo!!!Hahaha!!!:ghey: :werd:
Old 10-05-2002, 05:43 AM
Black2KGSR

anti-loud.
Old 10-05-2002, 05:59 AM
mc_intergra

When I first got into modding my car I was definantly a loud exhuast person, so I got a greddy evo. After having it and turning more and more into a sleeper kinda person, I'm now definantly a anti-loud exhuast person.
Old 10-05-2002, 07:37 AM
tooslow2race
Master Bator

maybe i'm still tired and am not getting it, but the third choice, about the hks hiper, what's that supposed to mean? sarcasm? cause i have one and love it
Old 10-05-2002, 07:38 AM
rodneyk

I go with the anti-loud side too. While I like it to sound aggressive, its quite a bit too much when you can hear it several city blocks away :P
Old 10-05-2002, 08:15 AM
Bumnah
So OG it hurts.

loud for me...
-----
Old 10-05-2002, 08:31 AM
Shingoblade-GSR
Hellsing Agency

I am more of an anti-loud type of person for the sole reason that the "loud" exhausts tend to sound like complete krap. I like an exhaust that lets you hear what your engine is doing, but isn't so overwhelming that pedestrians run away when you gun it.

Shingo
Old 10-05-2002, 08:38 AM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Originally posted by tooslow2race
maybe i'm still tired and am not getting it, but the third choice, about the hks hiper, what's that supposed to mean? sarcasm? cause i have one and love it
Yeah that was just a little bit of sarcasm. The Hiper was just the first thing that came to mind when I was writing the poll.