Notices

Tutorials on taking off panels in 96 Integra

Old 07-15-2008, 10:37 AM
CDealer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tutorials on taking off panels in 96 Integra

I wonder if someone knows any good tutorials for pulling panels in my 96 integra, working on getting some new interior cause the current is all scratched up. I especially need info on removing the trunk panels because I'm already used to pulling the front ones off. :bye:
Old 07-15-2008, 11:06 AM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm assuming you're talking about the coupe.
Generally speaking, it's very straight forward process.

You'll need a medium phillips screwdriver for the fastener that (obviously) look like screws.

You'll also need a 10mm socket wrench with a 6" extension for the bolts that attach each side of the trunk panels to the body just above and in front of the rear shock towers. That socket wrench also be used to remove the bolt that hold the bottom of the rear seat in place.

The remaining fasteners can be removed by hand.
Also, when it comes to removing the side panels, get all the fasteners first, then remove the single 10mm bolt. Once you've done that, start at the end of the panel nearest the tail lights and pull straight out from the body.

The top of each side panel is held in by a set of very sturdy metal clips that are cast into the plastic panel. It will take a fair bit of force to get them to pull out, so don't be shy. Once the panel is free, open the doors and take the panel out through the front of the car.

All told, the interior come out in this order:
1) Rear seat - back cushions (by hand)
2) Rear seat - bottom cushion (10mm bolt)
3) Fiberboard trunk divider, spare tire, jack.
4) Center plastic panel, back wall of trunk area. (7 fasteners)
5/ 6) Side panels. (see above)

That'll give you access to the body for every part of the car from the B-pillar back and the windows down.

:cheers:

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!