Notices

1995 Acura LS-center console push button controls for air flow

Old 11-13-2002, 08:48 AM
Howard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 Acura LS-center console push button controls for air flow

I have what I think is a lose wire or connection right behind the push buttons for air flow. The pictures on the buttons (air flow direction, etc. ) should light up when the lights are on. I can tap the center console area and sometimes they all come on or go out. These buttons are located right above the radio and right below the center air flow vents.
Q. It looks like the center vents, buttons and hot/cold knob are all comprised in one unit. Does anyone know how to pull that unit out from the front? I don't want to create more problems by breaking something else loose. Anyone knowing hot to properly remove this unit, could you please give me an assist on the technique?

Thanks!

R/Howard
Old 11-13-2002, 09:35 AM
Spec R

its tedious, but possible...

first u gotta disconnect the air mix cable underneath the left side of the glove box.

second, u pull out and disconnect your hazard and rear defrost buttons, which will give u access to two screws, which you have to loosen and remove.

there are two connectors for the climate control, theres a white harness on the right side, and a smaller green harness on the left side. the white harness has less slack, so disconnect that first. then do the left side. its quite a squeeze, so be careful not to get to aggressive. if its just the bulbs flashing or whatever, u might not have to take out the whole thing, but its up to you.

some people find it necessary to yank out their radios, but since i have a system with many wires there, i choose not to, and work with what little space there is...
Old 11-13-2002, 09:54 AM
Howard

Default 95 Acura Integra, Removal of air vent/air flow buttons

Spec R:
Woa...just signed into this site and gota reply faster than I could ever get one from an Acura tech at one of the Acura Dealerships...or are you an Acura Tech? Anyway mucho thanks.

I am pretty good with working on mechanical things, but without any manual or previous experience on this type of console cluster, I did not want to damage anything.

Your directions seem pretty straight forward. You know I was trying to pry off the Hazard and Defrost covers with the thought that there might be some type of screws or attachment devices.

I would assume that these covers for the Hazard and Defrost buttons pop off like the smaller lens covers on the air flow buttons correct? I think once I remove these screws and disconnect the cables and harnesses, I should be able to get access to the wiring for the lights. Something must be lose because if I tap a certain way on the front of the unit the lights ( at least on the first five buttons) will come on. As soon as I depress one they go back out. I know there can't be a fuse back there, because if it was and it was faulty, then everything would
be out. At night with out those lights, it is really hard figuring out what I am pushing.

Thanks again. I will definitely let you know how I make out.

Sincerely,

Howard
Old 11-13-2002, 10:03 AM
Spec R

You're welcome dood. I'm no tech dude, its just I've learned a lot from reading all sorts of posts on various message boards, but mainly this one.

It doesnt hurt that one of my neighbors from down the street is the man when it comes to working on Hondas and Acuras, and he's taught me a lot, not to mention we swapped out my USDM climate control for a JDM SiR-G one the other day, so its pretty fresh in my head how to do it.

When u pull out the hazard and defrost buttons, u pull them out from the bottom, DO NOT pull the outside part u push....just use a small screwdriver, and they pop out rather easy.

Another warning, its pretty difficult to reconnect the air mix cable properly under the glove box...if u have no factory service manual, i dont recommend doing it yourself, cuz if u mess up, u lose your climate control.
Old 11-13-2002, 12:13 PM
LT
The deer had to die!

yes follow his directions....i got a "tad" bit mad at my climate control console when i was trying to remove it --- now my rear defroster button isn't flush with the console, and 3 tabs are missing to keep it sturdy.
Old 11-13-2002, 09:29 PM
95 teg se

Mine does the same ****...Im just gonna live with it though.