Notices

NOS, ZEX,......does it relly matter

Old 11-13-2002, 01:20 PM
drdavidge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had the zex kit, real easy to install and stuff...but i dunnno. now i love nitrous express...they are the best in my opinion, a little harder to install though but a 55shot zex was weak compared to the 50 shot NX. www.afterhourzracing.com has the best prices ive ever seen for nitrous express, but they cant list the prices on their site because NX *****es at them for selling so low...but anways for a price quote, you can email them sales@afterhourzracing.com . to use nitrous, you should ALWAYS be at WOT and most kits have protection built in so that it cant engage when you are not. you should also be above 3000rpm , and usually dont wanna spray in 1st gear because you will def just burn right through your tires. good luck.
Old 11-13-2002, 03:47 PM
dubcac
I

Ok here we go about NX again. They only reason they make more power is because they use bigger jets, and call it the same shot size. I personally don't like the NX single fogger kits, because the fuel sprays through the air intake and TB. It can pool in the intake manifold, and ignite, causing an intake backfire...cars have caught on fire from this. The best kit out there is Direct port, whether it's NOS or NX. For the beginner, not wanting to go over a 75 shot, Zex is right for you.

As for the bottle openers, I haven't heard of many people having problems with them.
Old 11-13-2002, 08:30 PM
mikesudds
supa dupa member

i am running a 55 shot of zex on my 99 gs.....
i absolutely love it, no problems, my roommate calls it "super vtec"
i personally would go with zex b/c it's ease of installation,
p.s. i have a rpm window switch also.....
hope this helps.......also LISTEN to DUBSTER he is one of the best nitrous guys here
holla
mike
Old 11-13-2002, 09:59 PM
antarius
Large Member

What RPM Window Switch do you run, Mikesudds?
Old 11-14-2002, 02:39 AM
97tegger

I'm running a ZEX 55 shot along with an adjustable FPR and colder plugs and 94 octane gas on a 97 RS. I've ran about 10 bottles and no problems so far. No RPM window switch though. Surprised my buddy in a 5.0 the first day without him knowing I had a Zex kit.
Old 11-14-2002, 10:09 AM
95TEGyoure it
Billy Sexcrime

hey guys what mods do you have on your car? I sprayed a 55 shot of zex a couple of times, but I dont feel confortable using it until I have an EGT gauge/Fuel Pressure gauge. Im affraid with my mods I have my car will run on the lean side.
Old 11-14-2002, 10:12 AM
SubaruAndy

whoa? WTF how the hell did I get my friends screen name??????

The above statement was made by me: SubaruAndy

I have no idea how that happened I did send him a PM though???
Old 11-14-2002, 10:15 AM
dubcac
I

If you're running zex, you'll be fine without any other fuel mods. I ran a 75 shot at stock fuel pressure, with intake and exhaust....never once ran lean. It regulates the fuel pressure according to bottle pressure, so you always get a good a/f mixture.
Old 11-14-2002, 10:41 AM
SubaruAndy

I gotta convinced myself to use it again. I had a close call one night. I sprayed on a street everything went fine, then I got to a light and heard hissing sounds from inside the car. I road down to another street pulled over and opened the hood with the car running and saw nitrous seaping out of the box and the nozzle line my whole intake, and nozzle line was covered in ice!!! I ran to the car closed the bottle had to sit 10 minutes before the hissing stopped.......scared me pretty good man. After that my zex control box didnt work. So I got a whole new kit from summit. I got my confendence back again, and want to use it, but I live right by Chicago and its cold, checked my pressure and it was only 640. So its not even worth using till I get a warmer. Thanks for the help
Old 11-14-2002, 10:45 AM
dubcac
I

Use teflon paste on all your fitting connections where nitrous goes through, and make sure they are TIGHT.