Notices

Fresh air vent is all warm an !@$!

Old 11-08-2002, 05:53 AM
thx247

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fresh air vent is all warm an !@$!

I drive with the air vent open (not on re-circ) and the air that comes in, even on a cold cold day is warm. I know I'm in california but when it rains the windows fog up because the air is too damn warm. Isn't the air circ supposed to be air from outside untouched by the car? Is there a vent I can re-route or maybe something that got clogged? Driving through a haze of cloudy windows licks balls
Old 11-08-2002, 06:12 AM
RB
snitches get stitches

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

turn on the ac.
Old 11-08-2002, 06:21 AM
reno96teg

Originally posted by RB
turn on the ac.
eh?
Old 11-08-2002, 06:27 AM
Daniel

As I'm sure you know Reno, turning on the AC in all Honda's/Acura's with the defrost on works miracles for foggy windows. It's a wonder they didn't put the word "Defrost Assist" over the AC button.
Old 11-08-2002, 06:28 AM
reno96teg

no no, i realize that.. but it doesn't explain what's happening with his vents..

i know when my vents are open and it's cool outside, i get cool air in the cabin..
Old 11-08-2002, 07:38 AM
antarius
Large Member

When you press that air-circulation button, it actually closes the outside vents. So then it's just the air INSIDE the car circulating.

When the button is OFF, you are letting air in from the outside.
So if you have that button turned off, your fans turned off; and you have the heater turned to warm -- it will warm that air thats coming in from the outside and walla, you get warm air.

If you have it set to cold, cold air will come in (but only as cold as it is outside).

Get it?
So, maybe you're just thinking the air shoudl be cold no matter what, heh.
Old 11-09-2002, 06:43 PM
thx247

the heater is off, the fans are off, the air recycle is off (obviously)...the air outside could be 40 degrees and it still comes in rather warmly. I'm really curious to know where the vent is...then atleast I could check it out.

The AC would work well for foggy windows....if my AC worked =)

its missing the belt right now.
Old 11-09-2002, 07:50 PM
ChopstiX

you know even with the air off.. when you have the temp thing on hot its blows hot out.. if you pull over to cold it blows cool air.
Old 11-09-2002, 10:43 PM
Red GSR

Originally posted by ChopstiX
you know even with the air off.. when you have the temp thing on hot its blows hot out.. if you pull over to cold it blows cool air.
Duh!

Oh man, I don't know why it is so hard for everyone to understand what you are writing. I was thinking of rewording what you wrote to make it easier to understand but I don't see how you can do it to make it any simpler. I have the same problem on my accord and I wish I knew how to fix it. It's quite a waste of gas to turn on AC when it is 60 degrees outside. I read on another forum about the problem and the guy said this plastic flap fell down in front of the vents in the front of the car so when you have it on open it sucks in air from the engine. I wish I knew where the vents are to check. Anyway, good luck and reply if you get a fix.
Old 11-19-2002, 08:14 AM
95GS-R
Um What?

Sounds like one of the cables that controls the heater bypass vent has come loose or stretched or something. There's a lever that it actuates under the passenger side dash. If you've done anything in that vicinity I'd check it. If you turn the temp selector to warm does it get warmer? If not the cable has come completely off.

Notes on defroster. If you push the defrost button, with the fan on, the A/C compressor will turn on REGARDLESS of the position of the A/C button.