Notices

coilovers?

Old 10-26-2002, 08:30 AM
BlackGSR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default coilovers?

Hello
I'm going to buy a set of coilovers soon. I was just wondering what brand you guys went with. I'm looking at the ground control and the skunk2 setups. Let me know what's best for RIDE, cornering, quality etc.. All info will be helpful Thanks
Old 10-26-2002, 08:58 AM
turbovic

A couple of friends have teins and love them the cornering is really good the ride is ok to , i know ppl that have the super streets and the ha's the ha ppl seem much more pleased than the ss guys with the ha's u have to get typer control arms but from wat ive heard its worth the extra hundred bucks or so , ill try to find the place that sells control arms for ya forgot the site , but anyway the ha's are 930 without the upper pillow mount , hopw this helps , peace
Old 10-26-2002, 09:10 AM
BlackGSR

Ok thanks but what company is HA? I was just looking for somthing easier to install with good ride quality. What struts work well on integras?
Thanks for the info
Old 10-26-2002, 09:26 AM
turbovic

Hehe i guess i should clear this up , Super street and Ha are two types of colilovers made by the company Tein , as far as struts go i dont know but teins are for the most part suspension replacements except for small pieces. When u said coilovers did u mean the sleeve type that u slide over ur shocks? If so a lot of ppl dont reccomend those and just say to save ur money a lil longer and get full coilovers that come with all the stuff u need.
peace
edit: the site for tein is www.tein.com and the place for the control arms is www.inlinefour.com and also a cool place u might wanna check out is www.turnfast.com go there and their suspension stuff should help u make an informed decision on ur suspension hope these sites help , peace
Old 10-26-2002, 09:31 AM
BlackGSR

Yeah that's what I meant thanks
Old 10-26-2002, 09:41 AM
turbovic

That being the case if u really want the slip over types a lot of ppl like ground control paired with tocikos or agx shocks/struts(havent tried em myself but thats a combo im seein alot lately but one good thing for ground control is that they use eibach springs so spring quality is gonna be really good) im sure once ppl see this some will say get the full coilovers and some will say differently but in the end it comes down to wat ur budget allows , and wat u want . peace
Old 10-26-2002, 10:27 AM
lttletimmy

from what i hear koni yellows with the GCs made specially for them are incredible. Get the teins if you can afford them, but the konis and GCs would be half the price and perform awesomely.
Old 10-26-2002, 09:53 PM
Shingoblade-GSR
Hellsing Agency

Ground Control Sleeves and Koni Yellows is a proven competition suspension system. Affordable too. Don't waste money on Skunk2s, GC's are around $300 and you can get koni yellows for $500. Sure it doesn't have the 1000xxxx degrees of adjustability compared to full coilovers but they're cheaper (and work just as well). You can also order custom spring rates and have your konis resleeved for higher springrates.

If you got tha $$$ you might want to check out the Zeal B6 system in addition to the Teins.

Shingo
Old 10-27-2002, 02:21 PM
BlackGSR

Shingoblade- How's the ride with your set up? Do you bottom out alot?
Old 10-28-2002, 12:34 PM
Shingoblade-GSR
Hellsing Agency

Ride with shocks on full soft is better than stock believe it or not, but I've bottomed out a few times going over huge bumps on the freeway at 65 mph. It shouldnt be an issue on normal roads.

With the shocks anywhere north of that though, the ride is definitely stiff, not unbearable, but it's definitely noticeable. The GC's for the konis have higher springrates (350f/280r?) than the universal ground control (special edition) but that's because the koni's are valved for it. Also, the springs they use (eibach) have linear rates, so the ride quality isn't as good as say, a typical set of progressive aftermarket springs. But with linear rates you get better handling.

It really boils down to what you want, but out of the box GC's + Koni's is a great intermediate setup between casual street and occasional race.

Shingo