Notices

Apex'i WS exhaust. Couple questions

Old 10-25-2002, 07:27 PM
Grim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Apex'i WS exhaust. Couple questions

yet another exhaust post..

I was pretty set on buying one of these, as im looking for a reasonably quiet exhaust. Just now though I was reading reviews for the system, and noticed that nearly every reviewers post mentioned a couple re-occurring problems.

1) The fact that the exhaust mid-section hangs so low that it often scrapes the ground

2) It rattles/bangs against parts of the underbody at low rpms

Could someone who has one on a teg give me any comments? I'm starting to have second thoughts on which exhaust to get...
Old 10-28-2002, 12:24 PM
jchcmax

Default I like the WS

1) I guess it depends how low your car sits to have the pipe scrape the ground. I personally dont have a problem. My car is lowered about an inch from stock.
2) I do get a little rattle and bang right under my DC Sports shift knob. I believe the pipe hits the bottom of my DC shift knob when going over uneven roads or small bumps in neutral. The resonator pipe sits a little higher(compared to my Greddy SP pipe) to the car. It really is no problem at all. If I felt peeved by it I would have taken the WS out already.
Other than that I really like sound-not too loud, a little deeper than stock, especially with the engine warmed up. The Greddy SP is probably the next equal exhast to compare the WS to. It's just that the Greddy has great fitment-no probs- but it's louder.
Old 10-28-2002, 12:32 PM
drdavidge

everyone says the WS is quiet...how quiet is it?
Old 10-28-2002, 01:16 PM
Jay Jay

Originally posted by drdavidge
everyone says the WS is quiet...how quiet is it?
Slightly louder than stock. I've got a mpeg clip of a Civic fly-by with the WS and it sounds amazing.

IMO the best exhausts out there are the Apexi WS, Comptech, and the hard to find RS*R.
Old 10-28-2002, 01:18 PM
drdavidge

like when you drive by people, do they know you have an exhaust? does it ever get annoying inside the car? i get headaches easily and i drive like a half hour to and a half hour from school every day...
Old 10-28-2002, 02:29 PM
Excelesor
Platinum Member

its just a little louder than stock, in the car you can hear the difference but out side you don't hear a really big difference compared to other exhuasts. I have a 1.5 in drop and i haven't scraped the mid section at all on the Apexi WS. I dunno about it banging against any parts unless you friken installed that **** wrong, i here no rattles or bangs.

Like jay jay said apexi ws, comptech, and old school rs*r are the quietest exhusts you can get.
Old 10-28-2002, 06:08 PM
qtiger

I'd add the twinloop to that list.
Old 10-28-2002, 06:23 PM
Anthony
ZOMG Pew Pew Laserbeams

hey grim get the rs*r it's really a good cat-back and it's pretty cheap if u look in the for sale forum...just search RS*R and look for alternative motoring...the guy who deals in it is really great
Old 10-28-2002, 06:25 PM
integraty

I have got a WS and had it for a couple of months now and love it. I got a muffler from meineke about two years ago and it was good at first, but the sound in the car was defening, i wanted something quiet but not too quiet. I got the Apexi WS full cat and have loved it ever since, no rattling or clanging, i even have a high flow catalytic converter (which made my muffler sound like crap), and it still sounds good. It is quiet when your riding down the road, just a little louder than stock, but when you get on it, it sounds great in my opinion. But thats just my 2 cents. :thumbup:
Old 10-28-2002, 06:27 PM
drdavidge

i want an exhaust that people wont be like "thats ****ing gay", but chicks hear it and say "oh thats cool" , but cops wont be on your ass for it, and it wont be too loud inside the car...is the WS for me?