Notices

A/c Belt????Help

Old 03-11-2008, 11:45 AM
jesing2002

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/c Belt????Help

Any help would be great, I have trying to get this a/c belt off forever. I can get the P/S belt and Alt. belt and I can get the a/c belt off the pulleys but I can't figure how to get the a/c belt off with the a/c braket in place, Do I have to remove the braket?
thanks
Old 03-14-2008, 01:19 PM
jesusublime99

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Support the engine with a jack and maybe a piece of wood on the timing belt side.

Unbolt the lower motor mount from the frame.

Lower the engine with the jack just enough to remove the AC belt and put the new one in.

Raise the engine again and put the motor mount bolts back in.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:38 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jesusublime99
Support the engine with a jack and maybe a piece of wood on the timing belt side.

Unbolt the lower motor mount from the frame.

Lower the engine with the jack just enough to remove the AC belt and put the new one in.

Raise the engine again and put the motor mount bolts back in.
You really need to remove that front torque mount entirely. That mount isn't essential (I'm not running one since there are clearance issues) and shouldn't cause the engine to move at all when removed. Just remove all 3 bolts and it should come out without issue.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:42 PM
jesusublime99

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Provocateur
You really need to remove that front torque mount entirely. That mount isn't essential (I'm not running one since there are clearance issues) and shouldn't cause the engine to move at all when removed. Just remove all 3 bolts and it should come out without issue.
You're right, you wouldn't need a jack just for this belt.

Now that I remember, my engine was on a jack because the top mount was unbolted while I was doing my timing belt.