Notices

Brake/Tail Lights Malfunctioning

Old 12-29-2007, 10:38 AM
claudeab1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake/Tail Lights Malfunctioning

Heres my problem:

I had a brake light out on my passenger side and when I went to replace the bulb the socket was so corroded the bulb broke off in it. I soon find out that my local dealer cannot just order a socket but must get an entire harness for the price of 70 bucks. He suggests I go to Nappa and find a generic bulb socket(4 bucks) and splice it into the harness.

I was able to find a generic 3 wire socket and spiced and spiced it to the corresponding wires. At first the break light worked but the tail didn't light up. Now the tail and break will not light up on the passenger side and only the tail light works on he driver side when the break used to work perfectly, I even put a new bulb on the driver side to make sure one of the filaments wasn't out.

My car:
'97 Acura Integra GS

Any suggestions? This has been a huge head ache and any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

UPDATE:

I got both break lights working, it was a blown fuse. Found an integra socket and spliced it in but the tail light still wont come on. Now my tail light used to work fine before i put in the new socket so I am totally clueless on this.

Last edited by claudeab1; 12-29-2007 at 12:17 PM.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:47 PM
ron1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

splice in one from a 2nd gen that should work