Notices

Need some handa guru help please.

Old 12-05-2007, 05:06 PM
dansrt4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some handa guru help please.

Ok lets start im a Honda no-nothing.

I have a 88 integra beater car. I bought it for 500.00 its worked great till recently. Its a 5 speed if that matters at all.

Anyways about 4 months ago i drove it home and went out the next day and nothing. Ok battery is dead maybe i left the lights on or something.

Jump it and all it does is turn over.

Ok check fuses and the "efi" fuse is blown.

Replace fuse runs for like 30 seconds and dies. Never to run again.

Took to my mechanic basicly figures its a short someplace and unhooks a bunch of things trying to see if after he unplugs it weather its the alternator, fans, fuel pump, anything electrical but no matter what it would blow the fuse.

So for the heck of it i hit up ebay and bought a used ecu for 50.00 and wham it started right up. Put a new battery in it since the last one was put through hell and all. Left it at his shop for 9 hours cause i had to go to work. Picked it up it started right up and drove it home.

Went out this mourning and it didnt start.

Im open for suggestions. My next step is to have the alternator checked to see if its drawing off the battery but i would figure it would have been dead since it sat for 9 hours to begin with.
Old 12-05-2007, 05:31 PM
dansrt4

Oh and obviously i cant spell
Old 12-05-2007, 09:50 PM
dansrt4

not all at once guys slow down
Old 12-06-2007, 04:42 AM
ENFORCER

Cheep fix..... Battery cutoff switch. I know its not the answer but at least you could save yourself the hastle on a $500 car.

That being said, there is a plethora of things that could affect the battery. Ive seen a bad light switch on a glove-box allow the light to stay on over night totally drain a battery. Might be something stupid. The fact that it was blowing fuses prior to the ECU replacement sounds more like some kinda short/over-voltage. Just some things to think about.

If it were me. Batt cut off switch. Say goodbye to your preprogrammed radio stations. But who listens to the radio anymore anyway :hsdunno:
Old 12-06-2007, 12:48 PM
dansrt4

Yeah its prolly whats going to happen. I messed with it today and it jump started. The efi fuse was fine. I think this might just be bad luck and its some sort of door switch or something little. I took the radio out of the car when i was looking for the short last time so i dont have any stations to lose anyways lol.