Notices

ls vtec build...

Old 04-14-2007, 03:33 PM
micha177

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls vtec build...

so im putting together a ls vtec, and i ve got all the parts. the problem that im having is ive bought a main girdle from kms, and the oil pick up doesnt clear the sides of it. is it possible to bend the pickup a little bit or would this cause problems
Old 04-14-2007, 03:49 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

you need a gsr pickup, windage tray, and oilpan
Old 04-14-2007, 04:09 PM
2ltrEGhatch

ok i got off my cousins name... this is my new name for this thread.. i have a kms block girdle do u know of anyone that makes an aftermarket oil pickup? or should i just bend it so it mounts to the girdle... i dunno if bending the mounts is a good idea, the pickup will be deeper in the pan than it should be.. im also thinking about getting a moroso oil pan aswell... i really don't want to buy a bunch of gsr shit that i don't need.. maybe some oil squirters but thats it...
Old 04-14-2007, 04:33 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

you still need a different pickup with a moroso pan. they make a pan that requires their pickup, which you'll still need the gsr specific one. they also make a pan that uses the stock pickup, you still need a gsr pickup with that one.

the stock ls pickup, pan, and windage tray were not designed to take into account for the girdle. you wont need squirters either.