Notices

Brakes

Old 03-20-2007, 04:17 PM
jesusublime99

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Däs Schmoo
I just bought the Axxis pads. h:

$70 is a steal compared to <$100 for any other set of pads.
Schmoo, about how long did your last set of Axxis pads last?

I have only used Hawk pads. I don't mind the dust because they brake so well and I get car washes for cheap. I replaced the factory OEM ones on my daily driver LS 2 years ago, and I'm stiil running with those, and the braking is still better than OEM; and they seem to last longer.

I ask about longetivity because its time for my GSR pads to be replaced for the first time since I've had this car. If I can save money by going with the Axxis and not lose stopping power, I will buy those. I just want them to last so i don't have to worry about brakes.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:38 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jesusublime99
Schmoo, about how long did your last set of Axxis pads last?

I have only used Hawk pads. I don't mind the dust because they brake so well and I get car washes for cheap. I replaced the factory OEM ones on my daily driver LS 2 years ago, and I'm stiil running with those, and the braking is still better than OEM; and they seem to last longer.

I ask about longetivity because its time for my GSR pads to be replaced for the first time since I've had this car. If I can save money by going with the Axxis and not lose stopping power, I will buy those. I just want them to last so i don't have to worry about brakes.
In my particular case, they lasted about 1 to 1.5 years and 20k miles. I would say that you could get at least 2 years use out of them and 30-40k miles. The reason mine didn't last very long was because I did a lot of tuning in confined places, so it required a lot of high speed braking from 90 mph or so. I don't drive like a granny either, so they are going to wear out a little quicker than if I drove a little slower.

If the dust doesn't bother you, they are a great pad. If the dust weren't an issue, it would be all I would recommend.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:26 PM
dubcac
I

I loved my Ultimates except for the dust.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:21 PM
CrJenkins13

Incredibly old thread I know, but I bookmarked it for when I need pads, and the time has come so I'm gonna ask my only question.

I've noticed people have complained about Axxis and Hawk for dusting, and there's been a little controversy over over Hawk HPS' quality, while nobody complained about Axxis quality. So considering price, and majority vote, I decided to go with Axxis but now can't find anywhere that stocks them. Sure I can go on froogle.com, but I'd much rather wait a day and find a legit online retailer.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:58 PM
lazieb29

the actually have a dust repellent you spray on your wheels, has anyone ever tried that??
Old 06-20-2007, 09:06 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by CrJenkins13
Incredibly old thread I know, but I bookmarked it for when I need pads, and the time has come so I'm gonna ask my only question.

I've noticed people have complained about Axxis and Hawk for dusting, and there's been a little controversy over over Hawk HPS' quality, while nobody complained about Axxis quality. So considering price, and majority vote, I decided to go with Axxis but now can't find anywhere that stocks them. Sure I can go on froogle.com, but I'd much rather wait a day and find a legit online retailer.
I bought mine off ebay. $80 shipped or so.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:37 AM
bnuk

nopi.com
summitracing.com
Old 06-21-2007, 05:46 AM
CrJenkins13

Summit didn't have them :]
Old 06-21-2007, 12:21 PM
94civicEX
I got worms.

I have Axxis Ultimates with Brembo Crossdrilleds.

They dust a lot and are harsh on the rotors. The pad will likely outlast the rotor, lol. I'm already needing to put on the Brembo Blanks I have. They are also pretty squeaky.

I might go with the Hawk's next time around.

www.importrp.com is great for brakes as well.

duck squad member #00003
Old 06-21-2007, 07:15 PM
jesusublime99

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try www.buybrakes.com