Notices

Tachometer problem

Old 02-02-2007, 02:37 AM
bnuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well then it was a coincidence or you are talking about a different car. Go unplug it and tell us what happens.
Old 02-03-2007, 02:16 PM
Rooftop voter

What would I be looking for inside the distributer? Loose screw, or a wire not touching completely? When I start the car in the morning, or when it's been sitting for a long time, it takes it about 3 seconds or so of cranking before it actually turns over. Other than that, like when I stop to get lunch or something and then get back in it starts up fine. Does this indicate something, or is it normal for it take take a little while on the initial start up? I don't remember it doing that before, but I've been in N.C where the weather has been kinda warm still. Didn't notice the Tach messing up untill I came here to Ohio, and just really started noticing how long it took to start it up. Could the cold be involved?
Old 02-05-2007, 08:47 AM
MC-14
Tri-man

Sounds like a bad cluster. Take the plastic shield off the cluster, and try moving the needle clockwise. If there is no springback, then cluster is bad. A bump will normally cause the needle to jump.