Notices

Wheel Stud

Old 01-16-2007, 06:43 PM
Bill Lewis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel Stud

Hello,
I have just purchased a 97 integra and found a broken wheel stud on the front. Is it necessary to separate the hub from the spindle to replace this?
Also the CD player will not play CD's when I put one in it displays "PEO" any suggestions?
Thanks
Old 01-16-2007, 11:29 PM
TegXPro92

not sure about the radio, but yes, you are supposed to get them pressed out, i have the same issue in my 92 teg, i still have to get them replaced, i have two broken
Old 01-16-2007, 11:40 PM
2001TEGGSR

Try a simple CD Cleaning Disc for the PEO Error. My OEM cd player did the same thing when I got my car, and a simple clean worked just fine.

As for the wheel studs, you do need to separate the hub from the axle but i've heard people knocking them in/out with a hammer. It's some added reassurance to tack weld them in, but not absolutely necessary.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:24 PM
Bill Lewis

Thank you for your advice and quick reply.
Old 01-17-2007, 06:34 PM
JoePoonani
Lexus Tech y0!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get a hammer and start banging on the stud until it pops out. Then take the new stud and make sure it's pointing straight and grab a spare lug and just tighten the hell out of it until the stud is all the way in. It's extremely easy, easier with an impact gun and air hammer.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:09 PM
TegXPro92

Originally Posted by JoePoonani
Get a hammer and start banging on the stud until it pops out. Then take the new stud and make sure it's pointing straight and grab a spare lug and just tighten the hell out of it until the stud is all the way in. It's extremely easy, easier with an impact gun and air hammer.
its not that easy, the knuckle gets in the way, its not possible with out the spindle unpressed, i know, i tried.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:47 PM
JoePoonani
Lexus Tech y0!!

Originally Posted by TegXPro92
its not that easy, the knuckle gets in the way, its not possible with out the spindle unpressed, i know, i tried.
Really? It's that close? Wow I totally forgot how everything is behind the rotor, last time I was there was almost 2 years ago.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:44 PM
adk683

i had to replace lug nut stud it broke while driving and lost 3 out of 4 lugs and one barely held on and it got towed to my house by front wheels before i figured this out scarey! but you have to take off nuckle and separate everything take 32 mm sockle used for axle nut and big hammer and beat out hub then beat out stud then beat the new one just be careful and its pretty simple no need to thread it in once u get it figured out it wont take long

sorry for no punctuation
Old 01-19-2007, 06:02 PM
Bill Lewis

Thanks,
I was wondering if the hub had to be pressed out and pressed back in? And will it wreck the bearing when this is done? Some vechicles I have worked on in the passed the bearing was damaged during this process.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:04 AM
JoePoonani
Lexus Tech y0!!

Originally Posted by Bill Lewis
Thanks,
I was wondering if the hub had to be pressed out and pressed back in? And will it wreck the bearing when this is done? Some vechicles I have worked on in the passed the bearing was damaged during this process.
When you do that the bearing is toast, while you're at it just get the bearing replaced.