Notices

problem with MAP sensor

Old 01-15-2007, 02:41 PM
ginomobile/teg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problem with MAP sensor

I just finished doin a b16 swap into my 1990 integra, and everything seems to be good except for i get a map sensor code 3 on my computer. Anyone have any idea what could be wrong? I tried changing the map sensor with another used one as well as put my pr4 ecu back in just to see if i was getting power at the sensor....but nothing. I'm really stumped, i think it may be a ground problem beacuse i get a reference voltage of 5 volts at the ecu, (c15). Any of you experts out there have an idea whatthis is letme know please.

thanks in advance
Old 01-15-2007, 05:20 PM
ginomobile/teg

i put a vacuum pump on the sensor and tried pumping it while the car was running and it stayed exactly the same. I also unplugged the sensor while the car was running and it didnt change anything at all. Please help guys, i'm getting like 250 kms per tank!! it sucks. Does anyone at least know what the resistance should be at the sensor? I know this is a hard problem but any input would be good.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:48 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

The problem lies in either the sensor itself, the wiring, or the ECU. Here is the troubleshooting procedures straight out of my service manual. Besides this, there isn't much help I can offer.

Old 01-15-2007, 06:14 PM
ginomobile/teg

awesome thanks for that bro
Old 01-15-2007, 07:13 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

No problem.

I forgot to mention that the ECU pinouts they show are probably different since the manual I have is for an OBD1 ECU.