Notices

Unknown header, need gasket.. Help?

Old 12-22-2006, 09:51 AM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are looking way too far into this. Go to a local autoparts store and pick up a tube of this:

If you can't find it locally, you can buy it online. It is meant to be a very high temperature gasket maker. Just squirt some between the two pieces and screw them together and the gasket should hold. I used copper spray on my headgasket over 6 months ago and it is still holding up beautifully.
Old 12-22-2006, 11:53 AM
Importbuyer
Want to buy a lude

Originally Posted by Däs Schmoo
You are looking way too far into this. Go to a local autoparts store and pick up a tube of this:

If you can't find it locally, you can buy it online. It is meant to be a very high temperature gasket maker. Just squirt some between the two pieces and screw them together and the gasket should hold. I used copper spray on my headgasket over 6 months ago and it is still holding up beautifully.
The exaust guy said this wouldnt hold. Will it work without a gasket... i mean i knew about it, but they said it wont do it...
Old 12-22-2006, 12:53 PM
Driverman5777

what does it hurt to try? You tried paper... It wont hurt to try schmoos solution
Old 12-22-2006, 02:09 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by Importbuyer
The exaust guy said this wouldnt hold. Will it work without a gasket... i mean i knew about it, but they said it wont do it...
It should work. It is designed for exhaust manifolds, head gaskets, and turbocharger flanges.

If it doesn't work, you are only out $5.