Notices

Engine builders in the San Diego area

Old 12-12-2006, 05:42 PM
Toy Civic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine builders in the San Diego area

I am looking for TOP NOTCH and PROFESSIONAL Honda engine builders in the San Diego area. It is a B18C1 and I want it to behave like stock (compression, stroke, bore size, etc.), but have some mild and unique performance touches........things like bulletproof rotating assembly for future upgrades, P & P head, higher revving valvetrain, etc. The car is pure streetcar, will not be raced, and must be able to pass a California smog sniffer based on the B18C1 OBD1 powerplant (I've already passed the smog ref). I would consider staying with the B18C1 block, but switch to LS rotating internals with longer stroke for more street torque.

I am not looking for responses like, "I have a friend who.........", or "I know somebody who.........". I want a fully licensed and BAR associated professional shop, not some hole in the wall. Somewhere in the league similar to classic and muscle car building. I hate it when you talk to shops like Pann Autosport and Engineuity and they refuse to tell you where they send motors and heads in in to be rebuilt. Please don't tell me to go to AEBS where there is a waiting list from HELL and you have to mortgage your house to get an engine built there. Also please don't tell me to go to John Campos at Precision Head and Machine, only spend $800 on labor, and not offer bearing choices, not check the threads on ALL holes to make sure they are not going to strip, etc. I am open to all other suggestions though..........somewhere in the middle.
Old 12-12-2006, 07:06 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

www.sportcarmotion.com

one of the best shops in the area