Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   Integra & 97-01 Integra Type-R (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/integra-and-97-01-integra-type-r-17/)
-   -   How much could I get for... (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/integra-and-97-01-integra-type-r/255027-how-much-could-i-get-for.html)

whiteEJ8 11-16-2006 11:55 AM

How much could I get for...

I friend of mine that owns a mechanic shop picked up a 2001 integra 4 door at an auction that he wants to sell to me for 1250. The car was stolen and has no motor and needs some body/paint work which I do for a living so the repair cost will be minimal. About how much could I get for a rolling chassis once the body and paint work is done? I don't want to put a bunch of work into it if my profit isn't there.

TheOtherDave™ 11-16-2006 01:41 PM

You won't get much, particularly if the car has a salvage title and the wiring harness is hacked to shit.

As a buyer, it would be very hard to convince me to spend more than $2K on a rolling chassis with a salvage title, regardless of condition.

I wouldn't bother.

1turbodc2 11-16-2006 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by TheOtherDave™ (Post 3228270)
You won't get much, particularly if the car has a salvage title and the wiring harness is hacked to shit.

As a buyer, it would be very hard to convince me to spend more than $2K on a rolling chassis with a salvage title, regardless of condition.

I wouldn't bother.

I would have to agree... with that 100 percent

whiteEJ8 11-16-2006 03:36 PM

I figured since a lot of people do swaps anyway I might get more than that. Thanks for the help, I'll pass on this one.

tommyhcky13 11-17-2006 02:51 PM

you dont cut the wiring harness to start a car.the new ignition is $25. you might be able to part it out

TheOtherDave™ 11-17-2006 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by tommyhcky13 (Post 3230343)
you dont cut the wiring harness to start a car. the new ignition is $25....

Well yeah, that's obvious.

But if the thieves were in a rush to nick the drivetrain and they didn't give a shit about the chassis, it's faster for them to clip the wires and hoses than to unplug all the connectors.

No matter what, the chassis almost certainly has a salvage title now.
No matter how much work is invested, the salvage title just kills resale value.

... you might be able to part it out
That might work... but at a 1250 buy-in, you'll probably only break even.

For that chassis, it's time for the scrap yard, IMO.

g290ls 11-18-2006 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by TheOtherDave™ (Post 3230362)
Well yeah, that's obvious.

But if the thieves were in a rush to nick the drivetrain and they didn't give a shit about the chassis, it's faster for them to clip the wires and hoses than to unplug all the connectors.

No matter what, the chassis almost certainly has a salvage title now.
No matter how much work is invested, the salvage title just kills resale value.

That might work... but at a 1250 buy-in, you'll probably only break even.

For that chassis, it's time for the scrap yard, IMO.

for 1250, salvage title, you could make a a good autox or scca car, seeing as how you really wouldnt be able to sell for more then like 3k 0r 4k thats what i would do