Notices

high and pulsing idle

Old 01-30-2007, 07:50 AM
bnuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

read my post in this thread i sort of explain the idle control valves. there are two of them even though everone only talks about the IACV for some reason.

It could be your PCV valve, I don't if there is anyway to check but its pretty cheap to just replace.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:59 AM
2001TEGGSR

To check the PCV Valve, just remove it and shake. If you hear the ball moving back and fourth, its good. If not, its seized and you should replace.

At the low cost, its probably a good idea to replace anyway like said above.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:19 AM
WiseGuyOnCouch
Live, Die, & Drive Fast!

just replaced the pcv valve like a month or two ago at the most. Yeah the goals are serious, i've got some of the parts allready sitting in my apt, but i can't touch it till i can retire it as my daily driver( i have a 98 rodeo just waiting on the title so i can DD it) just trying to keep it running towork and back for now.
Old 01-31-2007, 01:30 PM
WiseGuyOnCouch
Live, Die, & Drive Fast!

so news update, i cleaned the IACV and it helped but the idle still flutters just not as bad or long now... so far this is what i've done to help my idle i've replaced plugs, wires, cap, rotor, cleaned IACV and new pcv valve. my bet is that my IACV is going bad or is still dirty and i didn't clean it good enough...
Old 01-31-2007, 02:52 PM
2001TEGGSR

Originally Posted by WiseGuyOnCouch
so news update, i cleaned the IACV and it helped but the idle still flutters just not as bad or long now... so far this is what i've done to help my idle i've replaced plugs, wires, cap, rotor, cleaned IACV and new pcv valve. my bet is that my IACV is going bad or is still dirty and i didn't clean it good enough...
Did you check your ignition timing? Did you get air in the cooling system, possibly when you removed the IACV?

If all that is well, its probably a vacuum leak.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:25 PM
WiseGuyOnCouch
Live, Die, & Drive Fast!

aight so i finally got to check the codes today and as i figured it's throwing the IAC code so i'm guessing the thing is toast... so i'm gonna go ahead and replace it and see cuz i've done and checked everything else i know...
Old 02-09-2007, 10:30 AM
WiseGuyOnCouch
Live, Die, & Drive Fast!

so the new IACV has fixed the biggest idle problems i've been having but now it wont return to normal idle until i'm sitting still for at least 3 or 4 seconds... any ideas? i'm thinkin I ended up with air in the coolant lines, so i guess i need to flush the system again wouldn't that get the air out?

Last edited by WiseGuyOnCouch; 02-09-2007 at 10:35 AM.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:28 AM
v6_accord_jerz
Stupid Power Ball

Originally Posted by WiseGuyOnCouch
so the new IACV has fixed the biggest idle problems i've been having but now it wont return to normal idle until i'm sitting still for at least 3 or 4 seconds... any ideas? i'm thinkin I ended up with air in the coolant lines, so i guess i need to flush the system again wouldn't that get the air out?
Yea I would assume so, that would be my only guess on how to remove bubbles in the coolant system.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:05 PM
WiseGuyOnCouch
Live, Die, & Drive Fast!

yea i thought so also but my assumptions have screwed me over in the past so i like to double check myself through here...
Old 02-10-2007, 02:14 PM
jdmeg6hatchy
i

this seems to be a growing integra problem, ive had this issue for almost a year, ive replaced the following parts in this order and still have the problem. fitv, iacv, tps, throttle body, intake manifold...those are all new parts! and i still have the problem!