Notices

Automatic teg question

Old 10-20-2006, 10:40 PM
KBob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Automatic teg question

Hi. This is my first time posting here I hope it's in the right place. I busted my foot up pretty bad recently and now the whole clutch thing just isn't happening. So I went shopping and picked my self up a 98 teg with a B18c engine for next to nothing. If anyone can help me out with some suggestions on how to build a fast AT teg...... I'll be a very happy man.

I should also mention that I'm living in Japan not the states.

Thanks guys!
Old 10-20-2006, 11:21 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Welcome to the board. :cheers:

Building a B18C motor into a powerhouse is not going to be much of a challenge. There are plenty of aftermarket solutions available for your motor. If you're looking for low 13-second 1/4 mile times, turbocharging is the ideal solution, in my opinion.

However, the weakpoint in your drivetrain is the transmission. There are at least 2 companies (here in the US) that offer staged performance rebuilds for Honda automatic transmissions.

Here's a link to an earlier discussion on performance automatic transmissions.

Since the majority of our members are in the USA & Canada, we're used to catering to the North American market. Since you're in Japan, the same services ought to be available locally.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 10-21-2006, 12:18 AM
KBob

Thanks for the advice and the link.

What brand of turbo kits do you suggest?

If there are any highly reccomended parts I can most likely track them down fairly easily here in Japan.

cheers!
Old 10-21-2006, 01:08 AM
2001TEGGSR

If you peice a kit together yourself, you will save alot. Not sure about you're experience and knowledge, but you will gain alot in the process. Some info: http://www.homemadeturbo.com What year integra did you get? Can we see a pic or 2?

First thing to do when considering any type of modification to your honda, is learn about tunning. http://www.pgmfi.org is a great place to start. This is necessary reguardless of what direction you take (NA or FI).

Good luck with your build!
Old 10-21-2006, 04:06 AM
KBob

Thanks. I'll get some pics up tomorrow. I just when out and picked up a Hot Inazma H.V.S this afternoon. Installed it and went out for a spin. Works great.

cheers!