Notices

Clutch install on my 99GSR.

Old 10-02-2006, 10:49 AM
ADRONICUS
www.ufc.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch install on my 99GSR.

I WAS thinking about doing this myself, but then I saw a couple of installs in the DIY section and I was like fuck that. That's a lot of work, and I am sure to fuck something up...Anyways, I placed a call to a local shop that I frequent and since I already have the parts the labor was quoted at $420-460. Does this sound high, low or about right? Or is this any way to get this done cheaper, short of me doing it myself. If anyone has an suggestions on another place that might do it for cheaper then let me know. I am in the (949) S. Orange County area.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:10 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

That sounds about right assuming you are including the parts.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:17 PM
Black Ack
Black Acura Driver

My cousin was getting quotes for his integra, and they were usually around $600 to $700 just for labor, so it sounds like you're getting a pretty good deal. Of course, that is the San Diego area, so it's possible that labor is cheaper in Orange County.
Old 10-02-2006, 01:09 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by Black Ack
My cousin was getting quotes for his integra, and they were usually around $600 to $700 just for labor, so it sounds like you're getting a pretty good deal. Of course, that is the San Diego area, so it's possible that labor is cheaper in Orange County.
Doubtful. They are as overpaid for labor as anywhere in California. I had my clutch replaced back in the day in California for $600 parts and labor.
Old 10-02-2006, 01:27 PM
GSRRacer95
Fight On!

I did my clutch in my GSR. As long as you have two people and know enough about your car, you should be able to pull it off.
Old 10-02-2006, 01:55 PM
ADRONICUS
www.ufc.com

Originally Posted by GSRRacer95
I did my clutch in my GSR. As long as you have two people and know enough about your car, you should be able to pull it off.
I have 2 people, but the dissambly of it seems abundant which is discouraging to want to tackle. If Schmoo was still around I'd pay him 250 to allow me to help him do it so it comes out right.
Old 10-02-2006, 01:57 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by centerforce99
I have 2 people, but the dissambly of it seems abundant which is discouraging to want to tackle. If Schmoo was still around I'd pay him 250 to allow me to help him do it so it comes out right.
Shit, I'll be back there in two weeks, but I only have 3 days. $250 is pretty tempting, though since I am running out of money.
Old 10-02-2006, 01:58 PM
ADRONICUS
www.ufc.com

Originally Posted by Däs Schmoo
Doubtful. They are as overpaid for labor as anywhere in California. I had my clutch replaced back in the day in California for $600 parts and labor.
Well the price seems rather decent then huh...Like I said on my 89 I paid Sandy Hill Automotive outside Ft. Polk LA 250 to install a clutch, so obviously that number is branded in my brain, and it came out good too!!!
Old 10-02-2006, 02:01 PM
ADRONICUS
www.ufc.com

Originally Posted by Däs Schmoo
Shit, I'll be back there in two weeks, but I only have 3 days. $250 is pretty tempting, though since I am running out of money.
Can it be done? If your 3 days are spoken for let me know, that's cool...but if you think you want to make 250 let me know. I'll help you. You quarterback I'll learn something. We can set aside a day for it, but yeah let me know. No pressure. Do you still have access to all your tools or was everything re-located?
Old 10-02-2006, 02:22 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by centerforce99
Can it be done? If your 3 days are spoken for let me know, that's cool...but if you think you want to make 250 let me know. I'll help you. You quarterback I'll learn something. We can set aside a day for it, but yeah let me know. No pressure. Do you still have access to all your tools or was everything re-located?
I won't have any of my tools...they are all here collecting dust. h:

I don't know if I will have time to help you out, though. The schedule isn't set in stone, but I may be able to come up there for maybe half a day and help you out.