Notices

#2 and#1 injector too much fuel

Old 09-30-2006, 08:37 PM
highspeed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default #2 and#1 injector too much fuel

I have a 92 gsr with jdm b16 built 9:1 comp and 450cc with t3/t4. Since the rebuild I have had nothing but problems with it running rich. Not just black smoke rich but vapor out of the exhaust rich. I run the car for 5 mins at idle and then pull the plugs and this is what I get. 1 and 2 have gas standing on the cylinders while 3 and 4 are black but not really wet. I have tryed everything from different basemaps to new 450 injectors and nothing will get it to stop running that rich. I have done a compression and leak down test and everything is fine. It seems that the injectors stay open even when not fireing because when I turn the car off the fuel pressure drops to 0 within 5 mins. I have gas in my oil and have done multiple oil changes because I do not want the cylinders to wash out. I have checked the resistor box and I get 6.xx on all of the resistor connections. I thought I needed 10 ohms but everyone tells me that the resistor box should never go out. So I am thinking that there is a ground out and the injector is staying energized and open. Anyone who has a thought please let me know.I have also tryed to maps and nothing has worked. Thanks guys.
Old 10-02-2006, 03:52 AM
highspeed

Does anyone know if resistor boxs ever go bad
Old 10-02-2006, 05:43 AM
94blueteg
screwed

i would say so. im no electrical expert, but just about anything with electricity constantly running through it has a limited life in some sense.
Old 10-02-2006, 06:36 PM
highspeed

well I change my resistor box with one from an older teg and I still get the same thing. A mechanic said that the timing is off and that it is actually sucking oil past the rings and that it must be way off of TDC. It runs fine but just smokes and he says that it will but just have tons of smoke because the ignition is firing after or before tdc. What do you guys think
Old 10-05-2006, 09:23 AM
DC2

Resistor boxes hardly go bad. If it took a shit on you, you would know right away as all injectors would affected by the different ohm input it's receiving.