Notices

nitrous troubles

Old 09-14-2006, 12:43 PM
97 integra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitrous troubles

I have been running a 50 shot on ls with no problems for a few months, now that i have decided to go to a 75 shot the car boggs at around 4000 rpms. Could it not be getting enough fuel cause of stock pump or possible fuel filter? Or could it be another problem?
Old 09-15-2006, 12:44 PM
ColeM
Banned

Originally Posted by centerforce99
Your fuel map has a nasty hole in it and that is why your unloading at 4k. Just tune the NOS timing and you'll be running 9's.
Damn now i want to watch that.
Old 09-15-2006, 01:37 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Originally Posted by centerforce99
Your fuel map has a nasty hole in it and that is why your unloading at 4k. Just tune the NOS timing and you'll be running 9's.
Originally Posted by 94blueteg
lol
Originally Posted by ColeM
Damn now i want to watch that.

Alright, enough bullshitting. :a:
Perhaps we can actually address the question...

My bet is that the problem is electrical.
What kit are you running?

If it isn't the ZEX kit, have you checked continuity at the throttle switch?
If it is the ZEX kit, is the control module still reading the correct voltage on the TPS lead?

If the nitrous supply is being shut off intermittently -- either by a loss of the TPS signal or a crapped-out throttle switch -- it's possible to run pig rich for a moment. :thinking:

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 09-16-2006, 03:58 AM
97 integra

my kit is cold fusion from nitrous wharehouse in texas. I forgot and left bottle open for a few weeks while on vacation and it leaked down to empty, is it possible that the filter in the nitrous soleniod is plugged some and the fuel is to much to burn off? Both soleniods are working but dont know if getting much out of nitrous soleniod or not.
Old 09-16-2006, 12:05 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Originally Posted by 97 integra
my kit is cold fusion from nitrous wharehouse in texas. I forgot and left bottle open for a few weeks while on vacation and it leaked down to empty, is it possible that the filter in the nitrous soleniod is plugged some and the fuel is to much to burn off? Both soleniods are working but dont know if getting much out of nitrous soleniod or not.
Well there ya go..
You could have told us earlier about the potentially clogged solenoid earlier... h:

Yes. Pull that nitrous solenoid and check the filter.
When you're on the bottle, if the fuel is making it to the motor and the nitrous isn't.. that would certainly lead to bogging.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!