Notices

93 Integ / Only starts in hard reverse

Old 09-08-2006, 09:02 PM
tacsat40h

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 Integ / Only starts in hard reverse

Ive got problem with my integra, about six months ago the car would randomly not start. It did this very infrequently, but grew to be a full time problem. I discovered that if I held the key to the start position, and shift into ( manual transmission) reverse that it would start. Sometimes almost slamming it into reverse really. Well now its not starting about half the time i try it with my reverse shift. Its fairly embarassing, and very annoying. Any ideas?

Car- 93 Integra, LS 4 door. manual tran, abt 150k miles
Old 09-09-2006, 07:23 AM
project_hatch
Power by Uncle Ben's Rice

Originally Posted by tacsat40h
Ive got problem with my integra, about six months ago the car would randomly not start. It did this very infrequently, but grew to be a full time problem. I discovered that if I held the key to the start position, and shift into ( manual transmission) reverse that it would start. Sometimes almost slamming it into reverse really. Well now its not starting about half the time i try it with my reverse shift. Its fairly embarassing, and very annoying. Any ideas?

Car- 93 Integra, LS 4 door. manual tran, abt 150k miles

Don't quote me cause I could be wrong but I know a buddy of mine had a celica we had to push to get teh flywheel moving so as soon as he gave the starter some electricity, it would start, but that's the only way it would...you have take your starter off, fairly easy, 2 wires to disconnect and I think 3 bolts to take it off tranny casing and autozone, advanced or checkers should all check it for you for free
Old 09-10-2006, 05:11 AM
g290ls
they call me tater salad

yeah starter could be bad or even the flywheell might be missing some teeth so its not catching, i would have it looked at to be on the safe side
Old 09-10-2006, 12:33 PM
tacsat2

Ok, i had to re-register because I couldnt log on with the other acct.

The cars starter doesnt kick on til i slam it in reverse. Its not like the starter is engaging and it just wont start. The flywheel is fine.