Notices

1990 Integra??

Old 09-06-2006, 11:38 AM
tbcboo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1990 Integra??

I recently bought a 95 se sedan automatic for my daily driving, but now I want to get a little cheap 5spd project car. What do you guys think:

Found a '90 integra gs coupe 5spd 193,000 miles (red) for $1500 firm. Washington state so there not as easy to come by like in cali.

Just talked to the guy on the phone and he's had it for 8 years. Has most of the regular maintenance and more recently had: New rear rotor, rear brakes, New clutch, New spark wires, distributor cap, plugs,Radiator is new in the last few years,Alternator was replaced within the last year.

In the pictures the car looks really clean inside and out (little tear in driver seat) The red paint is still glossy, no body damage, besides some dings Im guessing.

But he said the transmission makes a sound when he engages the clutch and he doesn't really know what it is but might need a tranny rebuild.

My goal would be to swap out the engine and tranny later on with an upgrade or just a lower mileage one, but I need it to be decently reliable until I can fork out that money since school is about to start up again.

Any input would be great thanks
Old 09-06-2006, 11:48 AM
pogox

that seems like an alright price except like you said the tranny makes a weird sound
i say you look into that, but other than that it sounds like a good car
Old 09-06-2006, 02:44 PM
fastback

$1500 is good, but I'd have it inspected by a dealer regarding that sound before buying it, if the seller will agree to it. I just bought another one (91) last night for $2K with 131K mi. Paint sucks nuts, but everything else is in pretty good shape, including a nearly flawless interior, just needs a little TLC and a tune up.
Old 09-10-2006, 05:21 AM
g290ls
they call me tater salad

thats not a a b d price at all, i would have it checked out to be on the safe side....dont want to have a nightmare unfold but other then that should work out great for ya