Notices

axle replacement, again.

Old 07-22-2006, 09:55 PM
94blueteg
screwed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default axle replacement, again.

just did the drivers side about a matter of weeks ago, knowing all along how destroyed the cv joint on the drivers side was. so i got around to getting ahold of a new axle for the other side and i will be doing the job tomorrow in hopes of finally putting the car on the road this week. my question is if the passenger side is any harder than the drivers side and if theres anything i should look out for when going about it. im pretty familliar with the act of removing the lower control arm being that ive literally done it like 5 times in the past month (replacing the arm, the axle and then dropping both of them out while doing the steering rack job) but if anyones got input its still welcome of course.

thanks in advance,
wes
Old 07-23-2006, 03:12 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

It is pretty much the same procedure. Getting the splines out of the tranny can be a little difficult. Use a flat head screwdriver and hit it with a hammer to pop the axle out.
Old 07-23-2006, 08:42 PM
94blueteg
screwed

yeah i ended up cheating. separated the new axle's inner joint and inserted it into the part that was already mated to the trans and just resealed the boot on it. its what the instructions acutally told me to do surprisingly. i couldnt get the damn thing off anyways.