Notices

Motor Mount Missing

Old 07-14-2006, 07:55 AM
deboda954
Naturally Aspirated

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motor Mount Missing

About a year ago I wrecked my car into a median on the passenger side and had it fixed at a Ford autocenter (dont ask why, its a long story). I had my LCA, axle, and Ball Joint replaced as well as a new OEM LS mesh wheel (the rim was bent). Though all these parts were the same, my car has never driven like it used to. It makes a popping noise when I accelerate too hard (coming from engine bay) and the car always seems to randomly pull to both the left and the right when I'm driving at high speeds. I recently brought my car into my trusted racing shop to organize an engine swap. When they were looking at my engine, they pointed out that I was missing a motor mount above the driver side front wheel. My question is: do you guys think this could be the reason why my car drives funny? The guys at the shop said it could be a number of things causing this, but that a missing motor mount can often lead to these strange driving conditions. I also just had my car aligned last week and it STILL pulls to either side, so I'm thinking the missing mount is to blame. What do you guys think?
Old 07-14-2006, 07:58 AM
99PreludeSh

When they replaced all the suspension parts did they give you an alignment?
Old 07-14-2006, 09:34 AM
Gearhead7

I got my car as a wrecked sale and I had to go through and replace alot of body and suspension parts. One thing I didn't check was the engine mounts. Drove the car for a month and the clutch and shifting was really crappy, acceleration sucked and so forth. I went through and replace em with engine stiffeners solid engine mounts and holy smoke. All i can say is night and day. The 2 that were ruined were the lowers on the drive and passenger side.