Notices

1998 GSR Family

Old 06-30-2006, 03:30 PM
EddieJP125
Semper Fi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1998 GSR Family

Whaddup guys name is Eddie just bought a 98 GSR...I was wondering if any of you guys can direct me the right way on preventive maintenance and shit like that, and what type of problems i need to look out for that goes bad on our cars...using dial up so hard to check alot of these pages quickly...
THanks for any help

SEMPER FI to all my Marines and to the troops overseas after me...
Old 06-30-2006, 04:01 PM
Phateless
S2K compatible

depends on mileage, but the little stuff you can do right off the bat to keep your car healthy is valve cover gasket, tube seals, valve adjust, synthetic oil (5/30), tranny fluid change (honda mtf only), 4 wheel alignment/tire rotation, the usual stuff like that (cap/rotor, plugs, wires, K&N air filter, etc). only run premium gas, keep an eye on the oil level cuz vtec motors like to burn oil when you run them hard. beyond that, be gentle on it until it's at operating temperature, after that, rail on the fucker. just keep fresh oil in it and it will run forever. oh, and make sure you do the timing belt/tensioner/water pump at 105k.
Old 06-30-2006, 04:54 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

:cheers: Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the board.
How many miles are on your GSR?

Call me a pessimist, but I'd do the timing belt replacement service ASAP, unless you've got a reciept proving it's already been done recently.

The replacement interval I've heard most often in 90k / 6 years.
I'd err on the side of caution given the mission-critical nature of the timing belt. If it fails, you're in for a world of hurt.

Also, if you're the type who prefers to do the service work yourself, look into buying the Factory Service Manual from HELMS, Inc.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 06-30-2006, 06:21 PM
v6_accord_jerz
Stupid Power Ball

Originally Posted by TheOtherDave™
......but I'd do the timing belt replacement service ASAP, unless you've got a reciept proving it's already been done recently.
I 2nd that......any used car especially in the 90k ^ mi range, i ALWAYS check to see if that was done and if your not sure have changed anyway you'll save your headaches later and if you do change it, change the water pump, those 2 things go hand in hand when being serviced
Old 06-30-2006, 06:24 PM
EddieJP125
Semper Fi

Thanks for the reply....yea itz got 53,000...got a great deal on it...just that i now have to put in some $$ for the tuneups and maintenance work for it...and want to replace the tires with either falken or toyos...and shit,it ain't got any alarms (any suggestions on alrams), or to better protect my car??
Old 06-30-2006, 06:43 PM
Phateless
S2K compatible

50k, you're in good shape. not really sure on alarms, but talk to some local car audio shops. congrats on the purchase, have fun with it. let's see some pics! who in the hell still uses dial-up anyway?!
Old 06-30-2006, 07:24 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Check out the Audio & Security forum for specific alarm system recommendations.

In addition to an alarm, I would recommend a mechanical clutch lock like the

AutoLoc™. in addition to be a physical deterrent, it adds yet another step to any attempt at stealing the vehicle. Be mindful of where you park and deny thieves any cover.

Oh and to answer the question, I'm still on dial-up... so there.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 06-30-2006, 07:40 PM
Phateless
S2K compatible

do you have any idea how much of your life is wasted by sitting around waiting for dial-up? add it up. it will blow your mind. join the 90s, get dsl!
Old 06-30-2006, 07:58 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Originally Posted by Phateless
do you have any idea how much of your life is wasted by sitting around waiting for dial-up? add it up. it will blow your mind. join the 90s, get dsl!
Keeping things on topic....

Old 06-30-2006, 08:04 PM
Phateless
S2K compatible

Originally Posted by TheOtherDave™
Keeping things on topic....

:loco: :run: