Notices

HELP! Can't get the hatchback open

Old 06-25-2006, 09:41 PM
zerocoolinc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! Can't get the hatchback open

I do need some advice on getting my hatchback open, I just bought a 99 GSR from a private seller and it has an alarm and I beleive its connected to the hatch, but I can't get the damn thing opened. It opened the day I bought it, but not anymore. The key doesn't even work. So now I'm tryiyin to figure out how to open it, I've tried unlocking and locking multiple times with alarm remote and car locks, no luck. Hopefully somebody has a trick to getting it open, Thanks in advance
Old 06-26-2006, 05:44 AM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you are under the impression that it pops when you hit the lock. most alarms won't do this. unlock the car and then push the lever under the handle to the left. this will open the hatch

you must then allow the handle to snap back to the right, otherwise the whole system gets messed up and your hatch won't shut.

if this does happen you must lock your car, unlock it, push the handle to the left (while the hatch is open) and then let it snap back to the right before attempting to close it.

it's tricky but it will come with experience.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:08 PM
zerocoolinc

I'm saying I can't open the hatch open at all. The key doesn't work either all I can hear are the electric componets trying to work. Locking and unlocking using the cars locks does nothing except make noise in the back.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:14 PM
v6_accord_jerz
Stupid Power Ball

maybe u lost an actuator? do this cuz i think i know what ur talkin about i had that problem on my 98 ls lol........that lil lever on your hatch, hold it to your left like your "opening" it but hold it there, now put your key in and turn....it should just pop right open

go and do that real quick n tell if it works.....
Old 06-26-2006, 11:16 PM
zerocoolinc

well come to find out now since i took everything apart, the key doesn't work on the hatch lock, took it out and found that the key doesn't let one of the tumblers move, so i'm thinkin its a different lock (just bought this thing sat the 24th) and the lever on the actuator doesn't reset so i'm thinkin its a bad actuator. I have it rigged to a string to reset the lever for now till i get parts.

Thanks
Old 06-27-2006, 06:46 AM
ADRONICUS
www.ufc.com

This is a common problem w/that set up. Insert the key. Turn the key to the right while depressing the lever to the left. This will release the hatch. Shut with force to re-secure and repeat the above steps to have open the hatch in the future. If this does not work then I don't know...
Old 07-04-2006, 12:39 PM
shortysharp2

Default Hatchback problem

I have a 2000 Integra Ls, the hatchback opens fine with a key but i want to open it without the key does anyone know how? I just bought the car.
Old 07-04-2006, 08:30 PM
v6_accord_jerz
Stupid Power Ball

when you press up to unlock your doors, your hatch should open right up when you move the lever to your left, shouldn't need a key all the time
Old 07-04-2006, 11:14 PM
jesusublime99

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The hatch locks and unlocks with the rest of the doors. If your doors are unlocked, the the hatch is unlocked and you can just move the lever to open it. If you lock the doors, then the hatch also locks. Thats how it works on mine with an Acura OEM alarm/keyless entry system.
Old 07-05-2006, 03:51 AM
torn_phoenix
you would

If the electric mechanism to unlock the hatch doesn't work you have to override it. You put the key in and turn it right until it feels like it should open, but turn it a little further, this is what overrides the electric opener. Then slide the handle to the left and it'll open. It makes you fell like you're going to break your key, just be cautious. I've been doing this for a year a half, it's annoying, but you'll get good at it.