Notices

Exhaust Header Recommendations....(cat and downpipe)

Old 06-24-2006, 07:11 AM
poomanshoe89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust Header Recommendations....(cat and downpipe)

I was installing my Apexi WS2 yesterday and in doing so realized that the catalytic converter and the downpipe are probably not going to be able to be reused...if anyone knows of a good place to get stock cats/downpipes let me know...my main question is though, if I cannot find a stock downpipe/cat than which header should I go with if I want a deep sound....also what hi-flow cat or test pipe should I get? I am trying to stay on a budget but don't want anything that is gonna sound bad...if anyone knows what header/cat combo is best for my setup I would greatly appreciate it..( my car is a 99 Integra GSR)......
Old 06-24-2006, 09:48 AM
dubcac
I

What's wrong with your stock cat and header?
Old 06-24-2006, 12:47 PM
poomanshoe89

my cat and also my downpipe have studs that i had to grind off and attempt to drill through with no success.....i don't have a drill press...i guess i could take them somewhere to be machined...that might be a good option....what do you suggest?
Old 06-24-2006, 06:48 PM
boehmdw97

I would sugest that you either get a dc-sports header and a 50 state legal emissions hi flow cat. If you can find a stock cat somewhere, I would even go that route. I wish I would've known you'd need one. I just changed my down pipe out w/ a 4-2-1 1 peice two days ago.Good luck.
Old 06-24-2006, 08:35 PM
dubcac
I

Originally Posted by poomanshoe89
my cat and also my downpipe have studs that i had to grind off and attempt to drill through with no success.....i don't have a drill press...i guess i could take them somewhere to be machined...that might be a good option....what do you suggest?

Were they rusted or frozen? I don't see the need to change any of that stuff, or cut it off unless they are rusted or frozen.

As for aftermarket stuff, if you live in CA you will need a header that has a CARB plate on it, and you will need an OBD2 CARB legal cat...CarSound is the only company that makes one, and it's not cheap.