Notices

Will a 95 Ls attract thieves?

Old 06-06-2006, 11:00 PM
mastajboogie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will a 95 Ls attract thieves?

i recently bought a 95 ls, all stock. it has no mods, only lowering springs. i live in the city of san francisco and i am wondering if my car is going to be a target for thieves.
Old 06-07-2006, 06:26 AM
ADRONICUS
www.ufc.com

Maybe for a joyride, but I don't think it is anywhere near as high of risk of owning a gsr or type r. Never hurts to be cautious though. Sometimes theives just steal to steal and don't care what they are stealing or who they stealing from so protecting the investment is not going to hurt anything.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:27 AM
g290ls
they call me tater salad

i worry about my 90 ls everyday but i went the extra measure and got a clutch lock, mine is a mostly stock teg but there is still always that chance....
Old 06-07-2006, 11:14 AM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

While the risk has diminished somewhat, there is still a demand for B-series motors (even the lowly B18B1). Having lived in the Bay Area for 20-plus years, I know that theft is still an issue in some areas. So yeah, invest in a security system.

I would budget $200 on a alarm with a starter-kill and a battery backup.
In addition, I would add $40 for an AutoLoc clutch lock. The combination of the alarm and the physical deterrent of the clutch lock will convince the amateurs to pick another target.

The whole point of an alarm system is to use multiple layers of security to deter theives from even mounting an assault. Park out in the open, near people. That way, a thief is left without cover. Then, add multiple layers of security to make your car too risky to steal.

If you're on a standard policy and the car gets stolen, you'll probably get about $4500. If you spend less than 5% of that amount on security and reduce the odds of theft by 20x or more, that's a very wise investment IMO.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 06-07-2006, 05:36 PM
Nors
倍力恋

http://autos.msn.com/advice/article.aspx?contentid=2891
Old 06-09-2006, 07:01 AM
scriz
B18 powah!

This is an option. Another option would be to remove the battery like a detacheable faced cd player and take it with you everywhere you go, eh eh.

Originally Posted by TheOtherDave™
While the risk has diminished somewhat, there is still a demand for B-series motors (even the lowly B18B1). Having lived in the Bay Area for 20-plus years, I know that theft is still an issue in some areas. So yeah, invest in a security system.

I would budget $200 on a alarm with a starter-kill and a battery backup.
In addition, I would add $40 for an AutoLoc clutch lock. The combination of the alarm and the physical deterrent of the clutch lock will convince the amateurs to pick another target.

The whole point of an alarm system is to use multiple layers of security to deter theives from even mounting an assault. Park out in the open, near people. That way, a thief is left without cover. Then, add multiple layers of security to make your car too risky to steal.

If you're on a standard policy and the car gets stolen, you'll probably get about $4500. If you spend less than 5% of that amount on security and reduce the odds of theft by 20x or more, that's a very wise investment IMO.