Notices

info please!! h22a in 94 and up integra 4-door

Old 09-23-2002, 12:37 PM
jermothedrunk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default info please!! h22a in 94 and up integra 4-door

i am looking to find an integra 4-door se 94 and up and i was looking to do just the basic gsr swap, but i have always had my eye on the beautiful prelude 92-96 h22a engine. i know it is possible to swap into a 92-95 civic and 94 up integra. i heard that the firewall must be hammered back, also i have heard the engine just slips right in without having to hammer the firewall! what is the right answer?? also will i have any weight issues?? axle issues?? just mainly any problems that anyone has ran into doing this swap in an integra or civic. any other issues that anyone who has done this swap can inform me of would be great. THANKS!!
Old 09-23-2002, 01:10 PM
jermothedrunk

also will i be able to keep everything like power steering and ac?? will they fit all in front along with my stock radiator??
Old 09-23-2002, 05:33 PM
kfar09

im pretty sure this has been covered before so do a search. but i think you need mounting brackets(one of many things) to do this swap. and i think the shift linkage is diff as well but im not positive
Old 09-24-2002, 01:16 AM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

You can make it fit...although the front end will be much heavier. I am not sure if you can keep the AC, PS, or ABS though. Axles will also need to change although I am not sure which ones you will need to use.

Why are you looking at an h22a as opposed to a b18c?
Old 09-24-2002, 06:37 AM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

If you want a 4-door with an H22 it would be a helluva lot easier to put it into an Accord. You may pay a tiny bit more on the initial purchase of the car, but you won't have to buy a mount kit and the swap is overall much easier.
Old 09-24-2002, 09:34 AM
airon
AARONNOJIMA.COM

the thing is that h22's mount differently then b series motors
the h series tilt backwards towards the firewall
but the firewall does not have to be hammered back
but you MUST buy good mounting kits and piece together some stuff
Old 09-24-2002, 03:14 PM
Liquidgsr

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have thought of the same thing if my engine ever blows....knock on wood it won't, with 107k on it now. But yeah if i were you i would go do a B20z swap with a gsr head or a type r or even a b16a head...whatever...point is get a vtec head and spend some money on the engine build. You could do all this, change the ECU, keep the tranny, and everything else, but have the B20z/vtec head in the car. Would be hella fast. My friend did it to his integra but doesn't have a vtec head on it yet, just turbo (lol Just turbo) and that thing is hella fast. So i would say CRVTEC.
Old 09-24-2002, 04:06 PM
dubcac
I

You use 90-03 integra axles, or get custom axles made...custom is probably a better choice. You will need a mounting kit, and this requires you to remove the stock transmission mount from the chassis. The shift linkage is cable, not rod type, so you have to cut a hole in the floor to feed the cable linkage through. You also need to use a 90+ accord midshaft, and fuel rail. The H22 fuel rail has the fuel line mount on the drivers side, opposite of the integra. Yes you will have added weight up front, but it only weighs 70-80lbs more than a bseries motor. The bigger factor is the way the engine sits. But decent suspension components can easily fix that problem. As for p/s and a/c, there are bracket kits either in the works or already available that allow you to retain both. There is also a problem with the immobilizer unit in the newer h22 ecus that presents a problem. It will take a decent amount of time to get it running correctly, but when you do it's worth it.
Old 09-25-2002, 12:44 AM
jermothedrunk

does a 96 and older prelude h22a have a rod or cable shift linkage?? because i will be buying a 92-96 h22a soon as i know what i will be running into to do this swap, problems that is. thanks for the info DUBSTER99, most of the stuff you said will be easy to acomplish but only worried about the linkage now. i was told by hasport that i can keep everything by using their mount kit, meaning ac, ps and of course alternator and don't see why i couldn't keep my abs. to answer you DVPGSR which number is bigger, 22 or 18?? i believe 22 is a bigger number which also means better in this case. mainly because the gsr is $3200, h22a is $2500 + 300 for a hasport mount kit on ebay that makes that engine fit perfectly, just have to remove my tranny mount bracket thing attached to the frame. secondly h22a has more horsepower and torque than the gsr and even the type r. well equal horsepower to the type r. more horsepower, more torque, less money = a damn good idea to me. also my friend is a pro at motor swaps, he has his own shop to do the work at and won't charge me anything. plus he has been informed of what has been said here about what i am going to run into and he says all of that is cake.
Old 09-25-2002, 06:57 AM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

What year is your car? Just make sure you end up with whichever type of H22 ECU (either OBD1 or OBD2) to match the year of your car which'll make things a hell of a lot easier. Just some more things to consider when figuring out price, add all the various parts mentioned here that you'll need.

90-93 Integra axles (work fine w/ HASport kit)
90+ Accord intermediate shaft
90+ Accord fuel rail
P/S bracket kit
A/C bracket kit

And. I haven't seen any a/c or p/s bracket kits on the market as of yet. Just keep that in mind.

Quick Reply: info please!! h22a in 94 and up integra 4-door