Notices

airbag question, need help.

Old 05-24-2006, 01:23 PM
94blueteg
screwed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default airbag question, need help.

when i purchased my car both front airbags were deployed from a rather light front end hit. so i went the poorboy-college student route and got a set of salvage airbags off ebay. i got them and everything looks all good, but ive never done this before and i got a question. also any other tips you guys might have regarding airbag replacement are welcome of course. looks like all that needs to be done is plugging these things in....is it that simple?

what in the hell is this thing? and where does it go?

here's a bigger pic of it. the guy who i got it from referred to it as a module..???

Last edited by 94blueteg; 05-24-2006 at 01:32 PM.
Old 05-24-2006, 01:35 PM
Nors
倍力恋

I may be mistaken, but I think it goes under the glove box with the passenger sie air bag, not sure though, at all.
Old 05-24-2006, 01:47 PM
94blueteg
screwed

hmm...havent gotten that side all apart. your probably right though. must be the computer control for the passenger airbag or something. thanks for replying so quick man, if anybody else has got input, please, keep it coming.
Old 05-24-2006, 02:27 PM
Nors
倍力恋

http://www.team-integra.net/sections...ArticleID=1125

Maybe that helps.

I actually think it may be under the steering column. I'm going to check the helms manual, see if I can get a definative answer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
srs.JPG (18.6 KB, 20 views)

Last edited by Nors; 05-24-2006 at 02:34 PM.
Old 05-24-2006, 03:52 PM
94blueteg
screwed

yeah im still not sure where that damn thing goes, i dont see anything like it on the passenger side, but i dunno. thanks for the team integra article by the way, the pictures def help. if you find out where the mystery item goes by all means post it up cuz im still at a loss, lol.
Old 05-24-2006, 04:00 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

This should be obvious... but be absolutely sure that the electrical system is completely disconnected and de-energized when you install the new airbags.

They deploy with tremendous force, so always carry them facing away from you... particularly if you have to disconnect them for any reason.

I've seen one go off due to static discharge after being removed. It was resting face down on a work bench. When it deployed, the whole assembly punched through the sheetrock celing and wedged itself in the roof joists 15 feet up. :shocked:

The procedure for replacement is in the Helms manual, I'm sure of it. It would be a very good idea to be familiar with the whole process before you start. :hsughr:

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 05-24-2006, 04:35 PM
94blueteg
screwed

yeah man i beleive about these things shootin through a ceiling, i could definitely see that happening. never thought about static discharging it, but thats i could also see that happening. i disconnected the battery before i started too. well as of now both bags are in and connected but i still dont know what to do with that other thing that i have picture of. im gonna go look again under the steering column to see if it is the "srs main" thingy thats in the diagram Nors posted.

Last edited by 94blueteg; 05-24-2006 at 04:37 PM.
Old 05-24-2006, 04:54 PM
94blueteg
screwed

alright i looked under the column for the srs main thing, and i dont see anything like that in there....is it possible that maybe this part is maybe out of a dc4 or something? im gonna take the covers on the column off tomorrow but its too dark to see what the hell im doing tonight. thanks again guys, keep it comin if ya got anything else, it is very much appreciated.
Old 05-24-2006, 05:26 PM
Nors
倍力恋

Sorry i cut some of the picture off.

Its not the SRS main harness, it is the one with a line pointing to it with no description beneth the steering column / behind the radio almost, hard to tell in the picture.

That picture is of a 1994 integra, what year is yours?
Old 05-24-2006, 05:57 PM
94blueteg
screwed

Originally Posted by Nors
Its not the SRS main harness, it is the one with a line pointing to it with no description beneth the steering column / behind the radio almost, hard to tell in the picture.

That picture is of a 1994 integra, what year is yours?
mines a 94, does the un-cut off version of the pic say what it is?