Notices

Clutch Pedal Adjustment

Old 05-02-2006, 04:40 PM
UpStateGS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Pedal Adjustment

I just replaced the master and slave clutch cylinders on my 97 Integra (hydraullic clutch) and had a fair amount of free play in the pedal. Free play as in unrestricted travel before any resistance was felt, not as in before the clutch disengages. The master cylinder was bench bled and as well as the whole system.

I tightened the lock nut on the clutch master cylinder push rod and backed off the clutch pedal position switch untilit felt normal with no free play, now the clutch engages/disengages about 1" before full release which is not right. It seems too high before full release and if the clutch is slipping.

I did not adjust the push rod on the master cylinder at all and was curious if that needs to be adjusted as well. I heard that if you adjust the pushrod too much it could be bad and did not want to adjust the clutch pedal position switch too far against the clutch.

Any advice is welcome...old master cylinder pic is here for reference.

I searched quite a bit on the subject with no luck and used this link as a reference: http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh....php?p=3390132

Last edited by UpStateGS; 05-03-2006 at 07:13 AM.
Old 05-03-2006, 05:47 AM
UpStateGS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump for the day crew...