Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   Integra & 97-01 Integra Type-R (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/integra-and-97-01-integra-type-r-17/)
-   -   Turbo GSR (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/integra-and-97-01-integra-type-r/233631-turbo-gsr.html)

gator524 04-26-2006 10:11 AM

Turbo GSR

I am thinking about a turbo setup on my 98 GSR or JRSC any opinions on either?

Thanks for any info in this matter,
Gator524

1turbodc2 04-26-2006 10:47 AM

Turbo kit, FTW ask tegbooster about his JRSC set up he is switching to boost i will leave it at that!

rugsr 04-26-2006 11:28 AM

turbo>SC
ill let you know how mine is after may 15th when its done on the dyno

westcoaststyle 04-26-2006 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by GSSR
Turbo kit, FTW ask tegbooster about his JRSC set up he is switching to boost i will leave it at that!

turbo & sc are both boost :thinking:

I say turbo all day long. :yes:

KaBlookie 04-26-2006 11:31 AM

also do a search...this must be the 20th thread like this i've seen in a while

Provocateur 04-26-2006 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by westcoaststyle

Muhahaha.

Turbo GSRs are slow. :oh:

tegbooster 04-26-2006 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Däs Schmoo
Muhahaha.

Turbo GSRs are slow. :oh:

yeah... and JRSC is a good quality company

cvchtchbck92 04-26-2006 04:55 PM

I would go with a JRSC. Instant boost across the broadband. Not just at upper revolutions. I know Turbos give you more power and peak power but you have to sacrifice power on lower revolutions (since you have lower your compression). I know many people will say the trade off is well worth it, but I think if you are going to increase power, you should do it all across and not compromise.

westcoaststyle 04-26-2006 05:17 PM

You don't have to lower compression to run a turbo...

ADRONICUS 04-26-2006 05:52 PM

Gut the car, build the motor for spray and smoke everyone...

1turbodc2 04-26-2006 06:36 PM

haha sorry, your right they are but JRSC i don't consider it as boost ;)

cvchtchbck92 04-26-2006 09:07 PM

You don't have to lower compression to run a turbo...

Doesn't it depend then? I always thought you did. But if you turbo a car with a high psi turbo, wouldn't you have to lower the compression. Correct me if I'm wrong but, isn't there a connection between the engine's compression and the rpm's. This is my logic, NA cars usually rev high and fast because of their high compression (and igntion system but for our sake, lets just stick to compression), whereas, turbos take longer to rev up. I always thought that turbos take long to rev up because the compression is low or it has to be lowered so the turbo can be used to its capabilities. Please, if I am wrong in anything, correct me. The last thing I would want is to mislead someone with inaccurate information.

Provocateur 04-26-2006 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by cvchtchbck92
Doesn't it depend then? I always thought you did. But if you turbo a car with a high psi turbo, wouldn't you have to lower the compression. Correct me if I'm wrong but, isn't there a connection between the engine's compression and the rpm's. This is my logic, NA cars usually rev high and fast because of their high compression (and igntion system but for our sake, lets just stick to compression), whereas, turbos take longer to rev up. I always thought that turbos take long to rev up because the compression is low or it has to be lowered so the turbo can be used to its capabilities. Please, if I am wrong in anything, correct me. The last thing I would want is to mislead someone with inaccurate information.

PSI and rpm doesn't matter with higher compression motors. The fuel octane is what really matters. A high boost setup can easily be done on high octane if race fuel is all that it runs along with a methanol or water injection to cool intake charge and retard combustion a bit. This will help curb detonation. Most turbo setups prefer low compression because it will make tuning and avoiding detonation easier on pump gas.

And compression has nothing to do with spool up time. There has been a test done on honda-tech that confirms this.