removing the power steering. I believe that the drive or feel for
the road will be improved without the PS. What are your thought
or experiences?

Thanks,
Old 03-26-2006, 04:51 PM
rugsr
How do my taillights look

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was thinking this as well. the free up some power used and beofe ri took everything out i just pulled the belt. nice thing with the GSR is its the 1st belt so i only had to remove that one. I THINK i noticed a like gain but it wasnt worth how much of a pain in the ass it was to park in parking lots. driving normally on roads i ok but at 0-5mph SUX
i wouldnt. just keep it. ULNESS your building a track car....

the drive or feel In My Opinon suck in some areas and som ein not. ON THE BLVD it was cool cuz it was a bit more ruff, but like i said parking BLOWS. If your looking for power, boost it (turbo) if your looking for feel build the suspension
Old 03-26-2006, 05:41 PM
kartman2

Default Ps

I have worked on the suspension. I hve KyB AGX struts and H&R race springs, yet still have a sloppy wide at speed. I'm having camber plates
put on as well as the entire front suspension gone thru. I may need new
bushings also. The PS was just a thought. Looking forward to the ride
after all the work has been done.

Thanks,
Old 03-26-2006, 05:46 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Keep it unless you have clearance problems with parts you are trying to put in. The weight difference and power gain is so minute, it isn't even worth your time. At higher speeds, there is no difference in feel at all.
Old 03-26-2006, 06:28 PM
wytechoppin

how much power do you think you gain by take off the belts? j/w because ive always wanted to know.. i took all my crap out because its so much easyer work in the engine bay... so much room :-P
Old 03-26-2006, 07:46 PM
SP00NFed
FuK JDM

i love not having my powersteering. i also like looking into my engine bay and not seeing a bunch of crap that isn't necessary. did i mention i took out my a/c too h:
Old 03-27-2006, 02:37 AM
tegbooster
Resident Ninja-photo'er

<--- ac is coming out... PS is staying in... it's kind of like saying "well i don't need my brake booster" ... yeah you dont need it.... but life is so much easier with it.

edit: i wish you were my dad :happysad:
Old 03-27-2006, 04:17 AM
rugsr

ye my AC is out and i love the room. YEA no PS is cool cuz of the room you have BUT im not building A MONSTER and i can fit everything so im keeping PS. i fyou want to see what its like just loosen the butterfly screw at the top of the pump and lossen them 2 bolts that are on the bracket holding it in. B4 u do, mark the washer. i took a black sharpy and traced the washer so that when i brought the pump back up it was where it needed to be.

BTW when looking into the engine bay, what is that thing all the way to the left.....looks like it holds fluid and theres a few lines coming from it.........is it power brakes? id like to rid that crap
Old 03-27-2006, 12:24 PM
EH339

Another vote for keeping the power steering. It will be your son's daily driver. Having it makes parallel parking much easier. And I've always loved the way the Honda power steering systems feels, as opposed to other makes of cars.

On a side note, last week we swapped the subframe from a GSR coupe w/70K miles into my Si (w/350K miles)... added poly bushings to the steering rack, new tie rod ends and also the rack had a u-joint in much better condition than the Si's... and the car is so much tighter and more solid feeling on the road now. I can hardly wait until autocross this Sunday! My old u-joint was very worn looking. And btw my Si has power steering.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:30 PM
rugsr

OH YEA, if you want a nice feel go that way^ too. GSR is lovely in handeling