Notices

Question about Windshield molding/stripping

Old 03-13-2006, 07:08 PM
mxl36o
1999 Accord 4 cyl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about Windshield molding/stripping

anyone ever took them out and put them back on?... car is getting painted, i would like to take of the stripping around the Windshield and rear windshiled.
Old 03-13-2006, 07:32 PM
IntegraGSR12

I did a full custom paint job on my car. On the front the two side moldings pop off but the top molding cannot be removed without removing windshield same with the rear window If you have a good painter they make a hard edge tape that holds the molding back so you can spray down under it and clear under it with out removing the windows and without getting paint on moldings. That is how I did mine and it looks great you can lift up the seal and look under it and it matches the car. More than likely if you remove the glass on front or rear it will break. That is what happens in most cases.
Old 03-14-2006, 05:17 AM
reno96teg

yep, that top molding is attached to the windshield, and then the windshield is laid in.

if you can somehow manage to remove it (don't try), it'll never go back in the way it should.

something like what integragsr12 describes is probably your best bet, without having to get the windsheild removed and reinstalled.