Notices

Oil Filter Problem

Old 02-25-2006, 06:22 PM
IntegraGSR12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Filter Problem

I did however run into another problem. The aftermarket electric oil pressure gauge I bought has a huge sending unit and will not allow my oil filter to go back on. Can I get a smaller diameter oil filter with the same threads and be ok????
Old 02-25-2006, 09:37 PM
EH339

Can you take a picture of what you did? Did the instructions that came with the oil pressure gauge tell you to mount the sending unit where you did? I was telling my bf about your question and his serious concern was your sending unit breaking off and the oil leaking out of your engine. He says to mount the sending unit securely to your firewall and make the connection between that and the engine block with a length of stainless steel braided line.
Old 02-25-2006, 10:24 PM
IntegraGSR12

I am installing a turbo and will not use factory sending unit it has been taken out of the block and the light in dash has been taken out. My turbo kit come with a t fitting, the fitting goes into the block and has a t for the oil feed line to the turbo then you plug the sending unit in the other end well since i am using a aftermarket oil pressure gauge i put my sending unit in it the run the wire to the gauge. I have put the t fitting in along with the t'd off oil feed line and my new sending unit now that they are in and tight the oil filter is too fat for install. Here are some pics its hard to take a good pic of it.

Server too busy for pictures I will post them asap but read this and see if it helps
Old 02-26-2006, 10:56 AM
IntegraGSR12

I just bought a sandwich plate to fix this problem Thanks