Notices

Purchasing 2001 Acura Integra 4 Door Automatic Sedan

Old 02-23-2006, 02:39 PM
Poon Lova

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Purchasing 2001 Acura Integra 4 Door Automatic Sedan

Hi. I've been thinking of purchasing a 2001 Acura Integra GS Automatic 4 door sedan from a dealership. it has a 37,000 miles on it and has a leather interior(so i assume its a GS-R actually?). I went to test drive it and i like the car but it seems very slow and sluggish, especially for a car with only 37k miles on it. I know that its only 4 cylinder and has low HP, but....anyways, I saw the carfax report and it had no problems w/ 1 owner. They were originally asking 12,900 and when i went in, they dropped the price to 11,900. I just had this "gut" feeling that I was missing something! so i asked the finance manager if i could take it to Acura dealership for check up and he said fine but then he started to say that i need to have my own insurance to take it out of the lot, etc....So, I'm still dealing w/ him and i told him that i really thought there was something wrong w/ the car and i want it checked out first before purchasing and he started to ask me what it would take me to take it home tonight, etc.....so i offered a low-ball offer of $9k which he didn't go for but since the car wasn't in mint condition, i.e. little patch of rust about 5in.x5in. on the trunk, had 4 bald tires even saw cracks in em in the rear tires, the left turn signal needed to be fixed, couple nix and cuts on the leather interior and the car was pulling to the left when i pressed on the brakes. I gave him a final offer of $10,200 which he did not take and I'm not plannin on offering him more than $9500 since it does need 4 brand new tires. What do you guys think? I have not purchased a car in the past 5 years and have not had a vehicle in the past 5 years and i'm a little out of loop. Any comments or input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance :thumbup:

P.S. the KBB Retail Dealer Value is $13995 if it is in Excellent but in this case, I know that they got this car in through Trade-in! The Excellent trade in value is $8350.

Old 02-23-2006, 03:09 PM
jesusublime99

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First of all, a GS model that signifies leather interior. There are some GSRs with cloth interior too. Check out the engine bay and under the car for leaks. it sounds mistreated for only having 37k on it. I bought my LS with 33k miles and it felt brand new with great acceleration. maybe that car needs a tune major tune-up because it does not sound like the previous owner took care of it. Sometimes its better to buy car with a bit more miles, if you know the previous owner maintained it well. I would calculate the estimates of repairs needed and present it to the dealer for a discounted price. Then again, if you don't buy it, it will probably sell in a few days anyway.
Old 02-23-2006, 03:17 PM
VPUPPY

I would stay away from that car. For 37,000 miles that car should be mint. I picked up my car back in 2002 with 36k on it and it felt brand new. Is this a small dealer?? Sounds like something is up.
Old 02-23-2006, 04:06 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

So it's rusting with a neglected interior and exterior... and sitting on four-year old tires....and they refuse $9K.
They are out of their god damned minds.
Walk away.

KEY POINT: In the US and Canada, the GSR model was sold with a manual transmission ONLY. Leather was optional on the LS and GS coupes and sedans from 1994-2001. So... a leather interior does not a GSR make.

Lastly, welcome to HAN. :cheers:

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!