tegbooster
Resident Ninja-photo'er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

h: picture whore

hehe jk man... lookin good
Old 02-23-2006, 08:02 PM
Driverman5777

How much would it cost for projectors w/ halos on both High and Low beams? with high emmitence bulbs?
Old 02-23-2006, 08:06 PM
-Bionic-

Originally Posted by rugsr
what i was thinking is not going back but mabye using them for custom head lights. mabye on my civic

Hi there!

I'm Bjorn from Custom Lightz.

If you are going to take the time to do a retrofit, it should be an OEM HID projector. I mean, if you are going to take the time to do it, you might as well do something that you think is worth the time and hassle. I"m just saying this just in case you wanted to retrofit a set of halogen fog lights or something into the Civic.

As far as using the teggy projectors, that won't happen since it's attached to the bracket , which had to be cut. The D2S projectors come out as one unit. Hope this helps.

Bjorn
Old 02-23-2006, 08:13 PM
Driverman5777

Originally Posted by -Bionic-
Hi there!

I'm Bjorn from Custom Lightz.

If you are going to take the time to do a retrofit, it should be an OEM HID projector. I mean, if you are going to take the time to do it, you might as well do something that you think is worth the time and hassle. I"m just saying this just in case you wanted to retrofit a set of halogen fog lights or something into the Civic.

As far as using the teggy projectors, that won't happen since it's attached to the bracket , which had to be cut. The D2S projectors come out as one unit. Hope this helps.

Bjorn

What would be the options as far as clean looking projectors for both Low and High beam, color choices, light clarity, and led's or halos?
Old 02-23-2006, 08:35 PM
-Bionic-

Originally Posted by Driverman5777
What would be the options as far as clean looking projectors for both Low and High beam, color choices, light clarity, and led's or halos?
For the best light clarity you want a clear projector lense, and right there you are limited to only a few projectors.
Personally, I think the TSX is the best bang for the buck. The S2000 is about twice as much, but it;s better as far as width and brightness, but the tsx produces much more color.
So depending on who you ask, you will get mixed answers for which is the best projector.

But the TSX and S2000 is by far the best, and much better than BMW, Audi, Lexus, Benz, etc.

I'm not sure what you want to achieve with a dual projector setup, but if you are on a budget, I would get some nice TSX or S2000 as lowbeams and then hook up as set of halogen projectors as highbeams. Now I would retrofit the halogen projectors upside down; though it may not sound effective, I had this setup and it sure is funcitonal. We have videos on the webpage demonstrating halogen projectors in action.

Now if you really want to ball out, then get a set of nice projector lowbeams, once again TSX or S2000, and then get a set of bixenons on the highbeam section. Once agian, there are many different bixenons and the quality varies as much as the price. But in principle, you can get a setup in which you will always have 4 HID projectors running, and when you turn the highbeams on, you still have 4 hid projectors, but with the motorin the bixenons you have functional hid highbeams.

As far as angel eyes, and CCFl, we can hook you up with that. CCFL may be the way to go with the Teggy, since the space around the projector is limited, but we can always custom make an angel eye for you.

Here are some CCFL and custom angel eyes in action:

Please note that the ccfl is brighter, but it got blocked out since we hid it behind an E46/A4 shroud.

The angel eyes comes in any color you want, while the ccfl is limited.

Hope this helps

Last edited by -Bionic-; 02-23-2006 at 08:39 PM.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:39 PM
Driverman5777

Yea wow, they look amazing. Would I only need to ship the lights to you and pick out what I want. And then would you guys take it from there?
Old 02-23-2006, 08:46 PM
rugsr
How do my taillights look

wow, im down for some S2000 projectors with some angel eyes. what am i looing at in price, PM me if ya want!
Old 02-23-2006, 08:48 PM
-Bionic-

I'm not sure if you are aware of the special we are running, but the actual retrofit can be done within a few days. Door to doo should be about a week, however; if you want custom ccfl or custom angel eyes, we need more time. But let me know what you want, let me add you to the list for the spcial and I"ll have your setup ready, so when you send the healdights we can do it right away. If you are in no rush and you have a set of spare headlights, or the LS is not your daily drive, then by all means send them in.

But for the special we will have the top three send their headlights first.

Hope this help, let me know if anything wasn't clear.

If you want our service, you should email me at the email provided on our webpage. I don't want to take this thread away from GSSR.

Thanks
Old 02-23-2006, 08:49 PM
90CvcDX
kekeke

can that be done with cheap projectors, from say eBay? h:
Old 02-23-2006, 09:00 PM
-Bionic-

lol there is pm option.

Retrofit can be done with cheap ebay projectors, but it's not worth it in my opinion. I don't know how familiar you are with hids, but there is a big difference between them It's like saying a car is a car. Personally, comparing the E46 in M3 with say modded S2000 is like comparing a STi with a geo metro in auto X.

I"ll retrofit anything the customer wants me to, but I would strongly recommend TSX and S2000 anyday. You won't be disappointed.

Send me a PM if you want a direct answer