Notices

Grrrr, my CEL is playing games!

Old 02-15-2006, 01:57 PM
a_integra_87
Traction, WTF is that?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grrrr, my CEL is playing games!

Alright, I think my CEL is playing games on me or something. I have a 97 cx with jdm b18b and gsr trans. After the swap I had like 5 codes that would no go away and a crappy ass misfire that also wouldnt go away, plus it never dropped idle below 1k. So i ordered a jumper and got a chipped ECU (p06) from phearable.net. Got it in and wow, car will actually idle where it should. Revvs perfect, sounds perfect and what do you know NO CEL. UNTIL you drive for almost exactly 1 min then the CEL comes on and stays on strong. So I parked the car and turned it off to try the paperclip method, stuck the paperclip in and turned the key and no cel flashing at all???
Started the car up and the CEL is off, go for a drive and after a min it comes on. Turn it off and start it right back up and its gone. Now WTF, how and I suposed to check the code if it wont stay on???? Anyideas? I emailed phearable.net and no response yet, just looking for help though. Its like the ECU is resetting itself everytime you turn the key off.
Old 02-15-2006, 02:19 PM
a_integra_87
Traction, WTF is that?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol, nevermind I checked it while it was running and got a code 17, VSS. That explains why my speedo wont work....hmmmmmmmm.