Notices

need help choosing

Old 02-09-2006, 09:12 PM
rugsr
How do my taillights look

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help choosing

http://www.kteller.com/store/index.php/cPath/23_24
ok im going with a full 3" exhaust for my turbo app. and im not sure on what muffler to get. I what performance, deep tone and not too loud but still the classic import whooooooooooooooom
anyways the link provided has a few different kinds. i was thinking of either the N1 or the HKS near the bottom but i really dont feel like buying a 200-230 MUFFLER alone. Bad enough the exhaust system is around 500 w/o muffler and labor. is there any other muffler that could be cheaper and still give me what i want...........or must i pay big bucks for my "fix"
thanks guys
BTW it doesnt have to be from the link provided if u know of others do tell
Old 02-09-2006, 09:54 PM
1turbodc2
got boost?

if u are going to do full three inch out to an n1 style muffler that thing is going to be louder then hell, unless u put some resignators in there, which will also help keep it form being raspy and so loud.. if u really want the N1 style muffler u will most likely have to drop the money on either the HKS or Apexi
Old 02-09-2006, 10:08 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

http://www.kteller.com/store/product...roducts_id/627

That one gets my vote. It will be quieter than the N1 style and it is way cheaper. I just picked up a magnaflow like that off ebay for $65 shipped. I would look into that first because I have found not only ktellers prices inflated, but their shipping is rediculous. They wanted $68 shipping for that $90 muffler!
Old 02-10-2006, 05:52 AM
rugsr

ye i know, kteller wanted 10 shipped though but 68 is better then 100
im going with a 3" magnaflow hiflow cat, then a resonator(which i havent found yet....are they all the same?) and then a muffler. Schmoo, u said you went with this muffler right. Well i like the price but how does it sound? ALSO i wanna keep the classic 4.5" tip look but the muffler from magnaflow doesnt have that. What could i do, pop a tip on there????
i do like that price...... ALOT

Last edited by rugsr; 02-10-2006 at 05:54 AM.
Old 02-10-2006, 10:03 AM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by rugsr
ye i know, kteller wanted 10 shipped though but 68 is better then 100
im going with a 3" magnaflow hiflow cat, then a resonator(which i havent found yet....are they all the same?) and then a muffler. Schmoo, u said you went with this muffler right. Well i like the price but how does it sound? ALSO i wanna keep the classic 4.5" tip look but the muffler from magnaflow doesnt have that. What could i do, pop a tip on there????
i do like that price...... ALOT
I just got mine yesterday, so I have no idea how it sounds. It will probably be a little quieter than my Evo2 muffler. I am going to get it welded on next weekend, so we will find out.

You could pop a tip on there if you can find one large enough, but the 3" outlet is already pretty large.

The turbo exhaust that kteller sells looks pretty sweet too if you want a larger tip without having to mess with adding a larger muffler tip.
Old 02-10-2006, 11:11 AM
rugsr

turbo exhaust that kteller sells? where i dont think i found one 3"
Old 02-10-2006, 11:23 AM
SP00NFed
FuK JDM

i'd go with schmoo choice also, looks really clean and they sound nice. a friend has it on his ls turbo and i give it :thumbup:
Old 02-10-2006, 11:54 AM
5 Lug

I'm running the KTeller 3" with a Magnaflow muffler. No cat or resonator and it's not very loud, it sounds deep. Not the least bit raspy. I took three short 5 second video clips from my digital camera and sent them to ya rus. It's hard doing the camera work and driving. =P It almost sounds like I have nothing from the camera. Let me know if you want longer clips or something. These are what I just took driving down the street.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:32 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by rugsr
turbo exhaust that kteller sells? where i dont think i found one 3"
I meant the muffler. It is the one with the 4" tip, but it looks like the Oval one I am trying to convince you to buy.
Old 02-10-2006, 05:14 PM
Driverman5777

Why don't you just get a complete system?