Notices

Just Bought Turbonetics Turbo

Old 02-08-2006, 11:17 AM
IntegraGSR12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Bought Turbonetics Turbo

Hey guys I just bought the 15102 Turbonetics Kit It shows that this turbo can run on a stock engine and ecu at 8psi. I also purchased the walbro fuel pump. Other than that my engine and ecu is completly stock. Is this a safe thing to do with this engine I dont have any more $$$ to do anything else???? Please HELP!!!

Here are the kits specs: I contacted turbonetics and they said that i can bolt this kit on the stock engine and ecu and there is no tuning required. Anybody know much about these kits?

- Kit Contents* -
• Ceramic Ball Bearing Turbocharger (T3/T4 Hybrid or Custom T04E)
• Spearco Intercooler System
• Powder-Coated Intercooler Piping
• Silicone Hose / T-Bolt Clamps
• Exhaust Manifold - high carbon cast-steel with ceramic coating
• Fuel / Timing Controller (electronic fuel / timing management system)
• Fuel Injectors
• "Evolution" Wastegate Assembly
• "Raptor" By Pass / Blow Off Valve Assembly
•Mandrel-bent ceramic coated Downpipe with closed-loop wastegate discharge •Mandrel-bent ceramic coated Downpipe with closed-loop wastegate discharge
• Intake System with Air Filter
• All necessary Hardware, Hoses, and Fittings
•Free Case of Turbonetics TS-1 Synthetic Motor Oil
Turbonetics Turbo Systems are for you, whether you have a four cylinder sport compact or a V-8 muscle car, Turbonetics Turbo Systems include everything you need from fuel and ignition to piping and fittings for complete bolt-on turbo performance.
Turbonetics offers complete turbo systems - from air entry to exhausting to the catalyst. The Turbonetics turbo system is a true O.E. bolt-on that does not require "hacking" in order to install.
Pieces mount to existing factory positions and maintain all optional equipment including air conditioning. With these kits you no longer have to worry about 4 - 6 weeks of downtime to get a kit fabricated because our kits can be installed within 8 - 12 hours.
In addition, you don't have to worry about inexperienced tuners experimenting with your car, because our fuel and ignition management systems come pre-programmed to maintain a consistent air/fuel ratio and timing control under all conditions. Unlike others, we can back this up with the MoTeC or Horiba real-time five gas air/fuel meter and in-house dyno testing.
* Kit contents may vary based on vehicle application

Last edited by IntegraGSR12; 02-08-2006 at 11:25 AM.
Old 02-08-2006, 11:37 AM
Driverman5777

How much did u pay for that?
Old 02-08-2006, 11:39 AM
dubcac
I

I don't know much about their fuel system or engine management, but I would rather use larger injectors and a Hondata to tune...far superior to any standard tune a company comes up with.
Old 02-08-2006, 12:00 PM
IntegraGSR12

Hehe a pricy 3499 WOW!!! Now I am out of money and I cant afford to upgrade to any other management system do you think what this comes with will get me by for a while on my stock engine???
Old 02-08-2006, 12:02 PM
AcuraFanatic

I'd wait to install it. Save money for a good set of injectors, Hondata and put aside a couple hundred dollars aside for tuning.
Old 02-08-2006, 12:03 PM
IntegraGSR12

what injectors do you recommend?
Old 02-08-2006, 02:39 PM
034V

Damn! Turbonetics is pricing themselves out of business!
Old 02-08-2006, 02:43 PM
rugsr
How do my taillights look

Originally Posted by AF
I'd wait to install it. Save money for a good set of injectors, Hondata and put aside a couple hundred dollars aside for tuning.
agreed. improper fuel and tunign will blow your motor. I bought 550cc precision injectors, still waiting to be installed though
Old 02-08-2006, 02:46 PM
IntegraGSR12

Problem Solved I have a 96 GSR with of coarse doesnt come with an obd1 ECU So I bought a obd1 p72 Ecu with the obd2 - obd1 harness. I also bought the hondata s100 with boost and 4 dcm 450 cc injectors. Now all i got to do is send my ecu off and get it chipped for 80 bucks and a local shop is going to tune it?? DOES THIS SOUND A LITTLE BETTER GUYS?
Old 02-08-2006, 02:58 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by IntegraGSR12
Problem Solved I have a 96 GSR with of coarse doesnt come with an obd1 ECU So I bought a obd1 p72 Ecu with the obd2 - obd1 harness. I also bought the hondata s100 with boost and 4 dcm 450 cc injectors. Now all i got to do is send my ecu off and get it chipped for 80 bucks and a local shop is going to tune it?? DOES THIS SOUND A LITTLE BETTER GUYS?
Fuck, I'll chip it for $15 plus shipping for you if you provide the chip kit. That price is insane.