Notices

ī90 teg & ALB or ABS (question)

Old 02-08-2006, 08:37 AM
OssiR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ī90 teg & ALB or ABS (question)

Does all 2nd generation tegīs have ALB-system or as itīs called here in Finland ABS? Or are there some models between 90-93 without ALB? I would appreciate the information, because mine is not working, and I need to know if I will get in trouble on my annual motor vehicle inspection... Itīs OK in the Finnish "law" if there are models without ALB:s, but if there arenīt, then I think Iīll have to fix it up...
Old 02-08-2006, 01:08 PM
tegbooster
Resident Ninja-photo'er

yeah, i believe your referring to "ABS - Anti-lock braking system" that will pulsate the pad on the rotors to prevent lockup and shorten stopping distance.

if this is what you mean... then i do not know finnish rule or law... but out here when something like ABS is damaged, it is not a law to fix it... although it is good practice. The only things out here that will deem your car totalled or immobile would be the airbags, and the obvious safety features "i.e. seatbelt/steering wheel/pedals etc." what model is your 90' teg, i don't think that ABS came standard but i could be wrong :dunno:
Old 02-08-2006, 01:35 PM
OssiR

My Integra is LS model, I didnīt explane the situation so well in my first post... So, the thing is, that when my motor had been changed from B18A to B16A we changed also the front axels... And those new ones didnīt include the ABS rings if you know what I mean..? And last summer I had to change both rear wheel hub assemblies, and now the rear wheels donīt have the rings either... So, there is no problem, I can change the text which is in my "register statement" (I think you have some other word for it), so that the car is without ALB after that, but it can be done only if there really are cars which are manufactured without ALB or ABS system. If every 2nd gen Integra has ALB or ABS system, then I have to fix mine, thatīs how it goes here.
Old 02-08-2006, 02:55 PM
Brar
|:]

for the Second gen integra (90-93)

RS-no ABS (ALB)
LS-no ABS (ALB)
GS-ABS (ALB)

if u want to double check (even though u dont have it) in the engine compartment on the firewall passenger side there will be a white/clear container. this is ONLY if u have ABS (ALB)
Old 02-09-2006, 09:06 AM
OssiR

Ok, thatīs good news... So there are Integras without ALB so then I donīt have to worry... Thanks for info!