Notices

98 Type R integra, What is the biggest turbo it can take?

Old 02-08-2006, 06:24 AM
cisco_IntegraR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 Type R integra, What is the biggest turbo it can take?

I just purchased my type r integra wich has many upgrades, but am interested in placing the biggest possible turbo on it, i dont care what I have to throw in as far as valves, pistons or whatever but was wondering if anybody could tell me the best possible combination of engine components that will help to be able to use the biggest possible turbo. I know it sounds childish to look at it this way, but I saw some mean competition in San Luis Mexico, all these mustangs and some really mean imports, hell there was even a CRX cut in hall called the flying sandal (pantufla voladora) and it was just incredible. I thought I could go down there and be very competitive maybe even win something, but now I'm not so sure of that and I have to prove it to myself that my Type R can pull it off. So please, any suggestions would really help a combination of parts that work very well togethor would be even more appreciated. Looking to place any and every stage 3 part I can get my hands on including a new ECU. Thanks
Old 02-08-2006, 06:52 AM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the type r isnt the car for you. buy a mustang 5.0 and put a turbo on that, it will be much faster.

yeah, you can make a 11 or 10 second type-r, but those mustangs, without regulations, will walk all over you int he straightline
:edit:
and the type-r is a circuit track car, not a striaghtline car. don't ruin such a nice car just so you can race like an idiot, please.

Last edited by sherwood; 02-08-2006 at 06:54 AM.
Old 02-09-2006, 12:04 PM
PikkaGTR
Power of Dreams

i second that
please sell ur car and buy a rustang
that way if you blow it up, its still ok cuz no ones cares
dont ruin a perfectly good ITR
Old 02-14-2006, 05:20 AM
AcuraFanatic

I disagree with you guys here. I don't understand why everyone is so hellbent on staying NA with the ITR's.

First off, it has nothing to do with turbo size or boost pressure that an engine can take. It's all about the amount of air a turbo can flow (CFM). 15psi on a TD-05 and 15psi on a T67 is two completely different things.

With the B18C5, I honestly don't recommend a whole lot of boost. Even with low compression forged pistons and a good tune I've seen these motors go boom. If you want to run boost, I'd look at swapping in a B20 or B18C1 block and use your existing head.

With that said, I've seen 250WHP ITR's on stock internals that seem to be pretty reliable.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:47 AM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AF
I disagree with you guys here. I don't understand why everyone is so hellbent on staying NA with the ITR's.

First off, it has nothing to do with turbo size or boost pressure that an engine can take. It's all about the amount of air a turbo can flow (CFM). 15psi on a TD-05 and 15psi on a T67 is two completely different things.

With the B18C5, I honestly don't recommend a whole lot of boost. Even with low compression forged pistons and a good tune I've seen these motors go boom. If you want to run boost, I'd look at swapping in a B20 or B18C1 block and use your existing head.

With that said, I've seen 250WHP ITR's on stock internals that seem to be pretty reliable.
yeah, but i'm bvetting those mustangs are deep into the 11's if not in the 10's... he wont be beating those guys with an ITR, so i say why ruin it for a lost cause?... if he had a chance, then yeah, by all means go ahead and boost
Old 02-14-2006, 11:40 AM
IntegraType-R
ALL MOTOR KING

Originally Posted by sherwood
yeah, but i'm bvetting those mustangs are deep into the 11's if not in the 10's... he wont be beating those guys with an ITR, so i say why ruin it for a lost cause?... if he had a chance, then yeah, by all means go ahead and boost
my buddy has a type-r stock, on a sc60 turbo i think, with 60 trim, pushed 12 psi for over a year on stock internals ran 12.34's all day long and made well over 290+whp...

now is fully built plans on running his sc61 turbo with 60 trim, on 27 psi, last year on his t3/t4 he made 420ish whp, and ran a ...lol 13.1 at 114? i think so ya..itr is pretty good to turbo in my book bro, i'm a n/a guy tho so i understand the whole all mota thing, but man.. if i had money out the yingyang.. turbo would do it for me.
Old 02-23-2006, 02:31 AM
SIR3099

Why would you turbocharge a Type R motor? They have really high compression. To be honest, if you want to slap some huge turbos get an Eclipse 95-99 TUrbo models.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:32 PM
DELSOL98GSR

Ls-vtec n turbo that
Old 03-03-2006, 06:11 AM
mistacee
Zc powered ED9

Originally Posted by sherwood
the type r isnt the car for you. buy a mustang 5.0 and put a turbo on that, it will be much faster.

yeah, you can make a 11 or 10 second type-r, but those mustangs, without regulations, will walk all over you int he straightline
:edit:
and the type-r is a circuit track car, not a striaghtline car. don't ruin such a nice car just so you can race like an idiot, please.

:werd:
Old 03-03-2006, 06:45 AM
Driverman5777

Originally Posted by AF

just don't get rid of the block but I 2nd that.