Notices

Hey, FatMat users

Old 02-04-2006, 01:11 PM
homer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey, FatMat users

Hello, everybody:
I did a search on sound deadening, and a lot people said they use fatmat. So, you fatmat users, do you have any problems with the adhesive losing it strength, and the mats falling off? Or the mats getting wet and smelling or getting moldy? Any information would be helpfull.
thanks,
homer
Old 02-04-2006, 04:43 PM
a_integra_87
Traction, WTF is that?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have fatmat, to be honest in terms of looks i dont see a difference between fatmat and true dynamat. Me personally though if i had to do it again i might try something else. Im pretty happy with the fatmat. I had a few issues with it though. #1 if water gets under it be prepared to tear ALOT of it up. My darn hatch leaked 2 times and i had to pull the entire trunk area up and toss it. Once it gets wet it wont stick again.
#2 its hard to get up, but not that hard, if you get under a corner and pull as hard as you can it will come up. I have hard alot harder times removing dynamat.
#3 for the first week-3 weeks my car smelled totally gross. Didnt help it was the dead of summer and no AC.

I would reccomend it again, and deffinatly do it over if i could. I put down 2 layers in my trunk, and one on the celing, and 2 layers in the wheel well. When the car was stripped and fatmatt'ed it was as quiet as it was fully assembled. And now fully assembled again its awsome. Through the winter and summer my fat mat stuck to the celing and the sides really well and the only places it peeled was where water got under it.