Notices

Getting my obd1 p75 chipped...what sensors to kill?

Old 01-29-2006, 05:07 PM
a_integra_87
Traction, WTF is that?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting my obd1 p75 chipped...what sensors to kill?

Alright ill sum this up in one thread here. My car is obd2 and my motor is a JDm obd2 motor. Right now its throwing a bunch of codes, weather my obd2 P75 ecu is shit or not i dont know. But i dont have the time nor money right now to keep throwing parts at my car to get it running perfect in obd2. So im going to snag me a obd1 ecu and take it from there. Only problem with this is i wont pass emissions when they plug into my obd2 port to check the systems for ready-ness (is that a word?). In that case there is no way ill pass after i go turbo since you cant use a obd2 ecu.

Regardless I looked on the forums and ebay and all the obd1 p75 ecus sell for like $60-130 and your not sure if its good or if someone listed it wrong. So im getting my ecu from either Jeff Evans or Phearable.net. Jeff is $200 chipped shipped, phearable is like $150 +shipping i believe including chipping and the ECU from them.
both said they will eliminate all sensors i dont need, CEL shift light, can change rev limit, etc.

My question is what sensors all do i want shut off? And since ill prob use this ecu when I got turbo ill keep that in mind.

Right now just until i get my kteller exhaust i have no cat, just a intake and no motor mods.

What sensors and all should they turn off, or should i just let them do what they normally do?

Also what does elminiating the ELD do, which Phearable.net does?