Notices

I may be going to the dark side...Testing waters on the GSR

Old 01-29-2006, 03:37 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I may be going to the dark side...Testing waters on the GSR

So I went and test drove a 2004 STI today with 19k miles on it and I am really looking to get one of these for when I move to Colorado in the summer because of the all wheel drive, the four doors, and the power it has.

I want to put a good amount down, so I would have to sell the Integra. I want to see if I can get $7k for it. Do you think it is possible? Would I be making the right decision considering how much I have put into this car? I am looking for reliable and fast and it seems like my car can only offer me one of those. I am not looking to mod the STI in any way except for a catback exhaust.

The GSR has 145k miles on it. The blue book for my area is around $5k. Here are my list of mods:

Engine
Greddy TD-05 18G Turbo Kit
Tuner Toys 450cc Injectors
Greddy 31V Front Mount Intercooler
Civic Type R Cams
Golden Eagle Vacuum Manifold
Greddy Type-S Blow Off Valve
Golden Eagle Cam Cap
Greddy Oil Filter Sandwich Adapter
OBD1 P72 ECU street-tuned with Crome Pro and Ostrich
Greddy Evo II Catback Exhaust
Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump
Oil Catch Can
Skunk2 Pro-Series Intake Manifold
HKS Type 0 Turbo Timer
Custom Powdercoated Valve Cover
Zeitronix Wideband O2 Sensor
Energy Suspension Polyurethane Motor Mount Inserts

Drivetrain
ACT HDSS Clutch Kit
ACT Prolite 8.8lb Flywheel
Skunk2 Short Shifter
Energy Suspension Polyurethane Shifter Bushings
Stage 2 Upgraded Gator Axles

Suspension/Braking/Tires
Neuspeed Sport Springs
Skunk2 Front Camber Kit
Ingalls Rear Camber Kit
KYB GR-2 Struts
Comptech 22mm Swaybar and Tiebar Combo
Brembo Blank Rotors
Axxis Ultimate Brake Pads
Nitto NT450 Tires

Interior
Dual Gauge Bezel
Autometer Oil Temperature Gauge
Autometer Boost Guage
Sparco Litium Shift Knob
2001 Black Leather GSR Seats

Exterior
JDM Style Amber Bumper Lenses
Techone 6000k HID kit
94-95 GSR Fat Five Rims

Security
Viper 791VX Alarm w/ Remote Start

Sound
Pioneer DEH-P7700MP Head Unit
Pioneer CD-iB100 Ipod Control Interface

Pictures are in the cardomain link in my signature.

Do you think I could get $7k for it?
Old 01-29-2006, 03:48 PM
aboobybobpleez
Certified Rice-Rocket

shit if you lived closer i would throw down 8k on it...
Old 01-29-2006, 03:54 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

I would be more than willing to have it shipped, but I may have to raise it back up to stock height since it won't have clearance to get on a car trailer.

Also, if I was selling it to a California resident, I would remove all the smog failing mods I have on there now if they requested.
Old 01-29-2006, 03:56 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Are you kidding me? :shocked:
Assuming she sells in her current configuration..advertise at $9500 obo.
They'll be beating down your door. :run:

That said, are you sure you need to sell her?:hs:

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 01-29-2006, 04:02 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by TheOtherDave™
Are you kidding me? :shocked:
Assuming she sells in her current configuration..advertise at $9500 obo.
They'll be beating down your door. :run:

That said, are you sure you need to sell her?:hs:
I am not sure that I need to sell, but I am really looking for something reliable, fast, and all wheel drive to handle the snow I will encounter when I move from California to Colorado. I have just come to the point where either my car will be sold, or it will become a project car for a fully built turbo motor aimed at 500+ whp since I don't want to dink around with the Greddy kit anymore. The funds and time are not really there for a fully built motor, so I figure I should sell it and get a car that is practical, but not a downgrade by any means (except not as quick and no vtack ).

Thanks for the advice. I just didn't think that modded cars would be worth much more than blue book unless you can find the proper market.

Last edited by Däs Schmoo; 01-29-2006 at 04:05 PM.
Old 01-29-2006, 04:21 PM
FooD2000
Still Water

Well... the thing is, if you were just some "guy" selling his gsr boosted car for $7,000... i'd look away but you have gathered some great credibility here at Han. The vouches you can get from here will get you the 8,000 your car deserves. If i went back in time and I had my 8,000... i'd be more then willing to fork over the money.

When will you be moving?

Also after all the mods/time you've put into the car. What sort of racing have you been doing?
Old 01-29-2006, 07:01 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by FooD2000
Well... the thing is, if you were just some "guy" selling his gsr boosted car for $7,000... i'd look away but you have gathered some great credibility here at Han. The vouches you can get from here will get you the 8,000 your car deserves. If i went back in time and I had my 8,000... i'd be more then willing to fork over the money.

When will you be moving?

Also after all the mods/time you've put into the car. What sort of racing have you been doing?
I'll be moving over the summer some time.

I haven't raced it at all. All the mods were for shits and giggles and my personal pleasure. I would love to run it at the track and get it dynoed before I sell it just to know how incompetent or good I am at tuning.
Old 01-29-2006, 07:47 PM
2legit2quit
You Big Dummy

Well, if you MUST sell it and stray away from Honda, at least tell me you are gonna stick around HAN. You're one of the best guys on here. Good luck with the move and whatever else you do.

BTW, if you do sell you better dyno it, if just for piece of mind. You'd also have a sheet to show potential buyers. I'd atleast start at 9,500 for a price.
Old 01-29-2006, 07:48 PM
ADRONICUS
www.ufc.com

I'll play devils advocate and not be so optomisitic. I know you have done A LOT to your car and you parting with it is going to be tough. I'm assuming the car is paid for right? Ok then...although your tuning is prime time you want reliable and fast, but the car you have now only offers one of those as you stated. I'm thinking fast is what it offers right? Anyways, if you really have a hard on for this STI. I would strip the Integra of all the go fast aftermarket parts and get the integra back to as stock as possible. Sell the parts here, on ebay and recycler, use the stock teggy as a trade in w/cash you made off your parts, or sell your teggy stock to add as cash from the parts. By summer time this can be done and you won'y have to deal w/a headache of selling a smog legal vehicle here in CA. If some one out of state buys it then hey, alright...but I think it may be a tough sell for 2 reasons. Now although I know your credible, people have a hard time committing to buying a tricked out car unless it is for dirt cheap, and most people, if they can would probably put anything over 5k on a new car instead of a used one. With 2 cents, I wish you luck man!!!

P.S. don't do a catback to the STI. IMO WRX's sounds like choppers w/exhaust.

Last edited by ADRONICUS; 01-29-2006 at 07:58 PM.
Old 01-29-2006, 08:01 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
Well, if you MUST sell it and stray away from Honda, at least tell me you are gonna stick around HAN. You're one of the best guys on here. Good luck with the move and whatever else you do.

BTW, if you do sell you better dyno it, if just for piece of mind. You'd also have a sheet to show potential buyers. I'd atleast start at 9,500 for a price.
I would stick around. Just because I might drive a Subaru doesn't mean I can't share my self-taught knowledge about Hondas.

Originally Posted by centerforce99
I'll play devils advocate and not be so optomisitic. I know you have done A LOT to your car and you parting with it is going to be tough. I'm assuming the car is paid for right? Ok then...although your tuning is prime time you want reliable and fast, but the car you have now only offers one of those as you stated. I'm thinking fast is what it offers right? Anyways, if you really have a hard on for this STI. I would strip the Integra of all the go fast aftermarket parts and get the integra back to as stock as possible. Sell the parts here, on ebay and recycler, use the stock teggy as a trade in w/cash you made off your parts, or sell your teggy stock to add as cash from the parts. By summer time this can be done and you won'y have to deal w/a headache of selling a smog legal vehicle here in CA. If some one out of state buys it then hey, alright...but I think it may be a tough sell for 2 reasons. Now although I know your credible, people have a hard time committing to buying a tricked out car unless it is for dirt cheap, and most people, if they can would probably put anything over 5k on a new car instead of a used one. With 2 cents, I wish you luck man!!!
That is just a lot of work. I would consider it, but I don't have the stock parts to put it back and acquiring them wouldn't be cheap. I will try and get $9500, but if that fails and I still want the car, I will put it back to stock.