Notices

Weekend Horror!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-27-2006, 08:45 AM
honura
Seni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weekend Horror!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I friend of mine from N.y. drove all the way down to pick me up in florida so I can help him with a swap that is in n.y. . He gets here with no problems. We let his 92 integra hatch(auto) cool off for 2 hours b4 getting back on the road. Figured the car needed some down time after being on the road for 1,100 miles. So after the 2 hours we get going. Gas up and get like 10 red bulls. . Anyways 2 hours into the drive the God DAHm crank pully bolt just snaps off and the pully started jumping up and down through out the whole bottom of the car. We jump out to find the pully. Huh that was fun I95 pitch black using a light off a cell phone. What a joke. Could'nt find the pully but find the other half of the bolt. Funny.. Anyways we drove the car another 2-3 miles with no pully off the exit and out to a gas station. We drove around again for another half hour trying to find a motel to stay for the night and see what we can do in the morning. This all happend around 4am. After driving around and not finding nothing we go back to the gas station and sure enough there is a dahm hotel right be hind the gas station. We asked the guy there working if he knew of any hotels and he was the one who sent us around looking. (ass wipe). Anyways next morning we try to find a tow truck who would take use back to my house. Everyone wanted $500+ finally found someone in the yellow pages who said $235. Took the tow home. After drilling and trying to get the rest of the bolt off there was just no way. We found another motor and swapped it in car started up no problems. I cleaned out the motor and engine bay after about 30-40mins later car just died. Pulled the distro cap out and it was wet. Cleaned and dryed it and car was running again. Errrrrrrrrrrr Dahm car suck. HEHE Anyways took a week off work for nothing and there goes my week off. Sorry if I posted in the wrong section but it all happend in a teg!
Old 01-27-2006, 09:32 AM
reno96teg

1. paragraphs are your friend.
2. what are you? a compulsive liar?

how the hell did the engine still run with no crank pulley?
Old 01-27-2006, 09:35 AM
mr.crx

it wouldnt i call bullshit
Old 01-27-2006, 09:40 AM
reno96teg

^ exactly. dare i say it again? impossible.
Old 01-27-2006, 10:06 AM
bnuk

why wouldn't it run? the timing belt and sprocket would probably stay on and it would turn because its keyed, so your cams and dizzy would work fine and the water pump would still be going so it wouldn't overheat. still kinda stupid though cause the timing sprocket or belt could easily slip off the end of the crank.
Old 01-27-2006, 10:06 AM
bnuk

douple post...
Old 01-27-2006, 10:14 AM
rugsr
How do my taillights look

depending on how much the pulley was loose mabye it could still run. when the bolt poped did the pulley come all the way off. im guessing the alternator was still going cuz wouldnt the battery die......anyways thats gotta SUCK....if true. got any pics?
PS-anythings possible
Old 01-27-2006, 10:21 AM
reno96teg

he claims he lost the pulley completely..
Old 01-27-2006, 10:26 AM
mr.crx

if his pulley cam completley off then your cams wont turn no fuel, because the valves dont open so it wouldnt run. so there for i call bullshit again!
Old 01-27-2006, 10:29 AM
reno96teg

Originally Posted by bnuk
why wouldn't it run? the timing belt and sprocket would probably stay on and it would turn because its keyed, so your cams and dizzy would work fine and the water pump would still be going so it wouldn't overheat. still kinda stupid though cause the timing sprocket or belt could easily slip off the end of the crank.
hmm.. i hadn't thought of that.. i guess if he were lucky and the belt held onto the sprocket, the worst that would happen would be that he'd drain his battery.

still.. fishy.