Notices

Is this the right ECU? P75-A03

Old 01-19-2006, 05:14 PM
a_integra_87
Traction, WTF is that?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this the right ECU? P75-A03

Trying to find if something is wrong with my ecua dn ill be swapping it for another hopefully this weekend. I was told it is out of a 97 LS with a 5-speed trans.
It a p75-A03. I did a search on ebay and the only 96-97 ls ecus that i found with 5-speeds had a p75-AO2. What does the AO3 mean?
Also is this a USDM or JDM ECU, im told its a USDM.
How can you tell its a JDM ecu, because the place I got my motor from will swap it for a JDM ECU?
Old 01-19-2006, 05:24 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

JDM ECUs are half the size of USDM ECUs. They look like OBD2b ECUs.

I don't know what the AO3 means compared to AO2, but it may be for an automatic LS and that might explain your idle problems.
Old 01-19-2006, 05:31 PM
a_integra_87
Traction, WTF is that?

Actually i finally replaced and got my TPS setup. The car now idles perfect. Idles at about 1-1.5k for 1-2 min then drops to about 700-800.
I have yet to drive it so im not sure if it has trouble shifting or not. I got one out of 3 codes gone. Yesterday I was following a diagnostic page for the o2 sensor heater circuit and traced it all the way back to the ECU im pretty sure. As well as the misfire. I replaced most everything i could think of, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, ignition timing spot on, and new injector i "thought" was clogged. It does not say "misfire on * cylinder* like im used to when checking for misfires. It says manufacturer controlled ignition or misfire. I dont really hear nor feel a miss and it revvs perfect now. Warms up good and did not stall.

Would a JDM ecu have p75 on the sticker as well? Hopefully since my gsr trans and my ls motor are both JDM and im using a USDM ecu that if i get a JDM ecu i may clear those codes?
Old 01-19-2006, 05:41 PM
a_integra_87
Traction, WTF is that?

I couldnt really prove it, but i keep reading that the JDM motors dont have a Crank sensor. Seems that the USDM motors have a sensor in the oil pump, and to confirm that i called my acura dealer and they wanted like $130 for the pump and $127 for the TDC sensor. Since my ECU is USDM and they have a crank sensor, and my motor is JDM which dosent, could that be the thing throwing the code for the ignition or misfire... schmoo???
Old 01-19-2006, 05:51 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

It could be, but I am very fuzzy on ECUs in general. Sorry I can't really help because I don't know what I am talking about.
Old 01-19-2006, 05:54 PM
a_integra_87
Traction, WTF is that?

Originally Posted by Däs Schmoo
It could be, but I am very fuzzy on ECUs in general. Sorry I can't really help because I don't know what I am talking about.
Its ok, you have been super helpful thus far. Thanks a million.

Someone has to know, if not ill wait until i find anothe ECU and try for myself.

Regardless hopefully my car can make the 1mile drive to the painters tomorrow.